Trying to age my BRNO Model 5...

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Kent Detective, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Kent Detective

Kent Detective New Member

I know my CZ Model 2EH is a 1990 model. Not sure why it's a Model 2EH and not marked a straightforward 452?

I have no idea how old the Model 5 is. It's serial number is in my signature below. I can't check the barrel - I haven't access to the gun at the moment because it's being held for me by a Kent based RFD.

I presume it's possible to age the gun by it's serial number alone?

Both rifles are in superb condition. The Model 5 is particularly nice looking as it has a oiled walnut stock. I paid £300 for both guns. The seller tells me that the model 5 is a rare gun and that I could sell it for £300 on it's own? They are so nice I don't think I will ever sell either... They are KEEPERS!

Herewith pics of my Model 5.

Thanks in anticipation...
    Neil

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Pretty easy really...

On the left side of the barrel just ahead of the reciever, you should find "proof marks" and a two digit number. That numer is the last two digits of the year of manufacture. Brno ceased production I beleive in 2003 or so. Your CZ is marked the same way....

Hope this helps
    Kirk
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

By the way that no. 5 is BEAUTIFUL!!!
  4. Kent Detective

Kent Detective New Member

I registered with Rimfire Central a month or so back. Although I can enter my registration details and sign in, I am still unable to post any replies or make a new thread. I think the site may have limited access to those outside the states, either that or my registration is still waiting to be made live by a moderator?

It is the best rimfire website out there by far....

Annoying or what....

Yes both my guns are excellent buys - perfect examples. Here are pics of my 2EH. This was made in 1990. The Model 5 (above) was made in 1974.

Thanks for the kind and helpful advice by the way.

Best Wishes
    Neil

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010