TSA Enhanced Pat down & body scan talk

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45nut, Nov 29, 2010.

1. 45nut

45nut Active Member

My BIL flies a lot for business and my Mom asked him about the body scan and pat down. He said it wasn't bad and no one ever touched him inappropriately.

I asked him how he liked giving up freedoms to be safe. He asked what freedom. I said the 4th Amendment. He said he had no right to privacy since he was boarding a plane. Then went on to say and I quote "I don't care how much freedom I give up, just keep me safe on the plane"

I told my Dad after they left, that that is exactly what every totalitarian government wants to hear.

Later on in the weekend he told me he had his CHL, the same man that told me 3 years ago the I didn't need to carry concealed, that's what the police were for. I need to find out when he got it.

MORON
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

One of two things, IMHO, is happening here:

1. Your BIL, once a SCREAMING liberal, is coming around to the conservative viewpoint.
    This is a good thing.

2. Your BIL has always been a conservative. He talks liberal just to argue.
    This is a good thing.

I don't see a downside here -

I think he sez the TSA rules are OK just to pull your chain. I bet if you were FOR them, he would argue adamently against them -

I had a BIL like that -
  3. Jay

Jay New Member

I would suggest that you have no right to privacy when boarding an aircraft. When YOU OPTED to purchase that ticket, you agreed to certain terms, and rules. Your right to "travel freely" is not infringed upon when you choose to travel by air, and become subject to search. If you became subject to search when driving on vacation, that's another story. It's just like entry to a federal installation...... most are signed, something like.... "all persons and containers entering this facility are subject to search". If you CHOOSE to enter, you have to play by their rules.

Just my opinion.

The issue of freedom of movement has received new attention in the United States as of 2004[update], particularly concerning the methods and practices of the Transportation Security Administration. On August 5, 1974, the Air Transportation Security and Anti-Hijacking Acts of 1974 (P.L. 93-366) were signed. Among many important provisions, this landmark aviation security law directed that regulations be prescribed requiring weapons-detecting screening of all passengers and carry-on property. The law is located in Title 49, United States Code (U.S.C.), sections 44901 (Screening passengers and property) and 44902 (Refusal to transport passengers and property). For many decades an airline ticket's fine print has contained an agreement by the purchaser to submit to a search for unlawful dangerous weapons, explosives or other destructive substances. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is responsible for such screening prior to departures from commercial airports within the United States since the signing of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act (P.L. 107-71) on November 19, 2001. Freedom of movement is not denied unless a passenger refuses to submit to a search required by law. There are, however, a number of other safety and homeland-security-related issues covered in 49 U.S.C. Chapter 449 and Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations in the 1540 series that could impede movement, such as a passenger's name appearing on a "no fly" or "selectee" list. The TSA website (www.tsa.gov) is a good source of propaganda on these and other issues

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_movement_under_United_States_law
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. ghrit

ghrit New Member

I had a wife like that.

I noticed that the MSM bugled that there were no holdups and long lines awaiting screening during the Turkey Day travels. Nowhere in the mainstream was anything said about the scanners being shut down and indications are that they've stood down from the gonad grabbing "enhanced" patdowns, too. Several reports indicate that the TSA has chosen not to enforce the restrictions recently handed down. I wonder how long that will continue. (Someone mentioned that it's now an "opt in" rather than "opt out.") Awaiting confirmation ---. (See also the Drudge Report.)
  5. obxned

obxned New Member

I will not fly until Janet the Nazi givers a press conference while in a full body scan and Obozo has his daughter get the 'gate rape' treatment.
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

My parents are the same way. I bet after I've been moved out for a couple of years, they'll have guns.