TSA nabs terrorist mastermind ...................................................NOT!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by hkruss, Mar 19, 2012.

1. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

2. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Re: TSA nabs terrorist mastermind ...................................................

My thoughts on it...we decide that kids are OK, we decide old folks in wheelchairs are OK..we decide frequent fliers are OK..we decide that military are OK ( think Ft. Hood here ).

As to the " sooner or later ", I think sooner or later, one of the OK's will blow an airline all over hell and back.

Who could actually say to an airline security person, hey..leave them alone, I don't care if my life, my wife's life, or my kids lives, are on the line. leave em alone.

Not me. Not yesterday, today or tomorrow. I don't like planes anyway. When I get on one, I want to know everybody connected with my safety has made absolutely sure I get where I'm going, and back again . JMHO...

How many times have you heard of somebody going to prison for life, because someone asked them to " take this thru customs for me "?

If they can coerce a mother into letting her son/daughter carry a bomb, if they can convince a bank manager to open a vault because they're holding the managers entire family hostage, eventually someone will convince a complete stranger ( or not a stranger ) into getting on a plane and kill themselves, and everybody else, because they must..or else.

They cannot see your body, they see a generic image, nothing else. What's wrong with that? Nobody has the right to take my life in to their hands because they are " uncomfortable " with the TSA's guidelines.

Complacency is running amok.
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Re: TSA nabs terrorist mastermind ...................................................

Only in chicago...
  4. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Raven you need to keep up !! Foiling the "naked body" scanner is easy and already published !

No one I know of disagrees we need to monitor who boards aircraft - and with what - but our TSA types are in serious need of sensitivity training, at the very least. The Israelis long ago embraced study of dress/behavior/body language by trained individuals as being more effective indicators of possible nefarious intent. (Of course that means hiring - and paying- qualified individuals with people skills and empathy ! (As opposed to the current practice of hiring dumb**es seeking to switch welfare checks and scratch their power itch in the process. >Mw
  5. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good grief. Sensitivity training? Have to ever tried to be " sensitive " with somebody whose crotch, you've got your hand in? Been there done that hundreds of times, can't be done. Over sensitivity will be construed as either looking to feel up a female, or checking size on a male.

And as to the accusations about the TSA folks being trained like the Israelis, just how many years do you think it would take to train someone with those capabilities? We are talking para-psychology here. Not charts to look at, while feeling somebody up.

I don't think I'm alone when I confess to a habit I had as a teenager. Before I'd put my arm around a female for the first time, I'd pretend to yawn, and very quietly slip my arm around her. I think that worked a lot better than just reaching out, and grabbing hold of one of her breasts. In my mind, I was using a psychological move on her. In her mind, she probably saw it coming as soon as I put my hand up to my mouth to yawn, and thought to herself, oh no, not again.

The human psyche is not taught in a class room. It takes years of experience " on the road " to learn how to spot subtle nuances in a persons make-up. And that experience will not come cheap.

As to, well, I don't really understand the message...this > (As opposed to the current practice of hiring dumb**es seeking to switch welfare checks and scratch their power itch in the process.

If I am correctly translating...your intention was to state that the TSA's employees are former welfare recipients, who found employment with the TSA? Is that the gist of it?

I generally provide links to sustain new factual remarks I allude to.

I fully comprehend your disdain for authority figures. We've chatted before. But such a broad remark about an entire class of folks, IMO, screams for credibility.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012