1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Tuesday morning thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Mar 3, 2009.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good, in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. -John Stuart Mill

One should never put on one's best trousers to go out to fight for freedom. - Henrik Ibsen

Freedom dies with every individual; it is not reborn with his successors; it must be achieved anew, generation by generation. - Henry M. Wriston

And I thinking it is about time to be reborn. - 358 Winchester
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

A very good morning.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is very popular as a designated driver.

One day the lion and the lamb will lay down together. Only the lamb wont get much sleep.
  3. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Good morning 358! Your pants quote got me to thinking about this story, grabbed from the web.............

Long ago, when sailing ships ruled the sea, this captain and his crew were always in danger of being boarded by pirates from a pirate ship.

One day while they were sailing, they saw that a pirate ship had sent a boarding party to try and board their ship. The crew became worried, but the Captain was calm.

He bellowed to his First Mate, "Bring me my red shirt!"

The First Mate quickly got the Captain's red shirt, which the captain put on. Then he led his crew into battle against the mean pirates. Although there were some casualties among the crew, the pirates were defeated.

Later that day, the lookout screamed that there were two pirate vessels sending two boarding parties towards their ship. The crew was nervous, but the Captain, calm as ever, bellowed, "Bring me my red shirt!" And once again the battle was on!

The Captain and his crew fought off the boarding parties, though this time more casualties occurred.

Weary from the battles, the men sat around on deck that night recounting the day's events when an ensign looked at the Captain and asked, "Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before the battle?"

The Captain, giving the ensign a look that only a captain can give, explained, "If I am wounded in battle, the red shirt does not show the blood, so you men will continue to fight unafraid." The men sat in silence. They were amazed at the courage of such a man.

As dawn came the next morning, the lookout screamed that there were pirate ships, 10 of them, all with boarding parties on their way. The men became silent and looked to the Captain, their leader, for his usual command.

The Captain, calm as ever, bellowed, 'Bring me my brown pants!!!' :D:D:D
  4. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:cool::cool:

Top of the Day to All...!

Available soon at a "re-distribution" center near you . . . delicious when served with "ACORN" squash!

WARNING:Consumption may create a need for "Joe the Plumber"!

Attached Files:

5. . . . it is only the lion who will ever get up again, Tranter.

It is true certainly, however, as the Bible says, that "the meek shall inherit the earth." Unfortunately, the verse (Matthew 5:5) doesn't tell the full story. The earth inherited is most likely to be a plot 6' x 3' x 6'. :cool:
  6. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

If your going all biblical on me, Romans 9,5. I think from memory.
  7. That one reads, "to them [referring to the Israelites] belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ. God who is over all be blessed forever. Amen." Is that the one you meant?

Personally, I find Luke 22:36 more appropriate for these times, especially the last sentence of that verse. :cool:
  8. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

One of my favorite verses. To all the panty waist Christians that think Jesus was a peacenik. He was a REVOLUTIONARY like we will need to be to stop this draconian Obozo bastid. Oops, did I cuss in a Jesus paragraph. :eek: :D I think we know what Jesus thinks about Obozo. :mad:
  9. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

No, it wasn't. I have to admit I was only using memory, which may impress, but I was wrong, which wont.

As for 22.36, if not now, when?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009