Tuesday was good news for Who?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by satellite66, Nov 9, 2006.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

TUESDAY WAS GOOD NEWS FOR .... WHO?

I notice that the newspaper and broadcast pundits are telling us who the winners and losers are in Tuesday's startling elections. Well ... I might as well get in the game here with everyone else.

The envelope please.

And the winners in this year's midterm elections are:

Islamic Fascists

(Accepting the award for the Islamic Fascists will be Osama bin Laden)

The focal point of the war against Islamic fascism was Iraq. The jihadists were sending their fighters to Iraq, there to be killed in gratifying numbers by American and coalition troops. What was once American resolve is now American weakness. The people have listened to the politicians -- one group that wanted to finish the job, another that didn't -- and gave the nod to the quitters. Today America is weaker in the eyes of those who would destroy us. Not a cause for celebration.

Slackards

(Accepting the award will be Shirley Sternfaulter, a young mother of three who wants the government to pay for her child care.)

A huge percentage of the people who went to the polls on Tuesday went there to vote for a living. They feel that the purpose of government is to make sure that the basic necessities of their lives are paid for, while they spend their own money on the newest technology in flat-screen televisions, gadget-filled cell phones and subscriptions to People Magazine.

Illegal Aliens

(Putting down his leaf blower to accept the award is Pedro Lopez-Garcia-Menendez-Gonzalez, who pays no taxes in the U.S., and sends 80% of each paycheck back to Vera Cruz to take care of his wife and children.)

Yesterday President Bush as much as said that amnesty would be the order of the day. Now that those pesky Republicans have been kicked out of the majority in the House of Representatives, the president and the Senate will have clear sailing on their plan for amnesty for the 20 million plus illegal aliens now residing in this country. Oh .. and the border? Nothing will be done to stop the Mexican invasion, so as soon as Pedro has his paperwork Maria and the kids will be on a bus.

Those who want a weaker America

(Accepting the award will be Dominique Marie François René Galouzeau de Villepin, sometimes known as Dominique de Villepin, the Prime Minister of France. Dominique was the leader of the Axis of Weasels before he became Prime Minister.)

A poll earlier this year said that something like 58% of Europeans wanted a weaker America. They got their wish on Tuesday. Who is going to be there to pull their candied asses out of the oven when they finally wake up and realize the great strides that have been made in the Islamification of Europe? Hello Eurabia.

The first blow to be struck in the weakening of America will be for the Democrats to get rid of John Bolton as the Ambassador to the United Nations. They'll replace him with someone who will not stand up to UN corruption and the forces who want to weaken us.

The Libertarian Party?

(I would be happy to accept this reward, but the don't like me all that much because I believe that we need to defend this country from both the Islamic fascists and the Mexican invasion.)

Tuesday's vote showed that a lot of conservatives and libertarians in this country are completely fed up with the Republican Party. If ever there was a time for the emergence of a third party that would adhere to conservative and libertarian values -- without an obsessive allegiance to religious fundamentalists -- now is the time. The Libertarian Party could be just that party. We'll see if they're up to the task.

The leftist media.

(Accepting the award for The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, The Boston Globe, Time Magazine, Newsweek Magazine and too many more to mention will be Dan Rather)

Ninety percent or more of these people vote Democrat. They engaged in a six-year campaign of demonization of George Bush. It worked.

Washington Lawyers

(Accepting the Award will be the President of the D.C. Bar Association)

Get ready for two years of investigations, subpoenas, hearings...you name it. Everything will be investigated, then investigated again. But the Republicans did it to themselves...every last bit of it.

COMMON GROUND WITH BUSH

A headline today says that President Bush is going to meet with Nancy Pelosi in search of common ground. In search of common ground? That shouldn't be too hard at all. After all, they already have so much in common! Let's take a look at just a few of their issues they have in common.

* Illegal immigration. The new Democrat-controlled House and Senate can't wait to pass Bush's amnesty program. Every one of the 12 million illegal aliens in the United States along with 12 million more now in Mexico are getting ready to sign up. Putting the Democrats in charge was the best thing that ever happened to Bush's illegal immigration agenda.

* More government spending. Through the first 6 years of his presidency, President Bush has proved time and time again that the solution to all of society's ills is more government spending. In fact, he has spent so much money and expanded government so fast, his presidency is rivaled only by FDR's New Deal.

* Raising the minimum wage. No problem! Bush has said in the past that he has no problem signing an increase in the minimum wage. Here's my question though, why only raise it 1 or 2 dollars an hour? How about making the minimum wage $20 an hour? Surely that would be a living wage! Oh...it would kill too many jobs? Wait a minute...isn't that the argument for not raising it at all. Liberals are so confused.

Nancy Pelosi will have so much in common in President Bush, she just doesn't know it yet. The only thing she needs to work on is getting him to cut and run in Iraq.

Link
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Neal sure calls it like it IS !!!!!!!
  3. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

It was good news for the majority of Americans. Our citizens are obviously unhappy with the way our is being run and mandated big changes and that's what we got. That's got to be good, after all...it's the American way!
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Scary thought ain't it Satellite
  5. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Yeah, Huck, like when the American public voted Jimmy Carter into the White House. Oh wait, that was a bad thing. It's bad enough that we're still dealing with the Iran he left us, but then Jimmy goes over to North Korea and makes things worse for the world there too! Will we ever stop cleaning up his messes?

So tell me, Huck, how is an illegal alien amnesty program good for most Americans? Is it good for the people who are killed in traffic accidents by drunken (and uninsured) illegals? Is it good for the victims of the crimes committed by illegal aliens? (Check the jails of any average-sized city and you'll find that 30% of the inmates are illegal aliens.) Is it good for the American taxpayers who pay over $65,000,000,000 a year for schooling, clothing, food and healthcare for families of illegal aliens? Is it good for the surviving family of my neighbor who was sexually assaulted, beaten and strangled to death by an illegal alien?

Will it be good for the majority of Americans when every attempt to track and trail Islamic terrorists will be shut down as the wiretapping and finance-tracking programs were?

Will it be good for the majority of Americans when troops are brought home from Iraq to the sound of John Murtha's voice telling them that their mission was a waste of time?

And before you get too caught up in your "mandated big changes", take a look at the rest of the election. Conservative initiatives and amendments on property rights (eminient domain) and man/woman-only marriages won big. Nancy Pelosi's values weren't embraced Tuesday. The current GOP crop was punished for forgetting why 1994 was such a good year for them.

The next two years of Pelosi/Reid/Murtha/Feingold/Kennedy etc. will remind Americans why the democrats were voted out 12 years ago. Expect the GOP to be back in '08 with better candidates.

Provided we still have a country then...
  6. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

If any politicain voted with their constituancy; none of this would matter. Unfortuneately they vote the party line; bye bye guns. Hello to fat taxes, an underpowered military and heightened international threats. Gooodbye decent wages; the legalized illegals will make sure that no job will support a family.

Heck, we might as well sell everything and beg for Mexican citizenship. At least we coulod get a jump on the third world living and survival before the Disneyland party figures out what they are doing.

Just to clarify; the US will never be Disneyland again.
  7. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

QUOTE;"So tell me, Huck, how is an illegal alien amnesty program good for most Americans? "

White Hawk,
    You'll have to ask bush, isn't the "Guest Worker Plan" his bambino????
  8. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Yes, Huck, it is Bush's plan. But the Republican-controlled house prevented that measure from going anywhere. Now that the democrats (who are always looking for a new voting block to take for granted) have control of the house, there's little or nothing standing in the way of that measure.

Had you bothered to read the article that started this thread, especially the last section titled "COMMON GROUND WITH BUSH" you would have seen this has already been covered.
  9. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

Huck, do you think Representative Pelosi is a good choice for speaker of the house? It is funny that the media says she will be next speaker of the house. But if the new wave of Democrats is as moderate as they claim she would be out of step with the main stream. My question to Huck, do you think Representative Pelosi, And Senator Reed are representative of the main stream of the Democrat party? I always think of my uncle and a family friend that is a minister, when I think of the conflicts in the Democrat party. They are both devout conservative christians. Both worked as and are retired union auto workers. They are your old line democrats, came out of Kentucky, worked hard and raised families. I think they are democrat due to being union men. There are millions who identify with the Democrat party based on pro union issues, and remember the new deal fondly. But I know my uncle and our family friend both have to squirm a little when they see the national leadership walking hand in hand with some in the Democrat party's "big tent" e.g. The pro illegal immigrant lobby (of course Pres. Bush is
    the leader of the group on the Republican side). The pro crazy law suit lobby, the American trial lawyers give almost all their money to the Democrat party. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Damon Lynch (a Cincinnati shake down artist) and all the other extortionists that call them selves "reverend". Those who coddle criminals.
    I like some Democrat politicians, but it seems at the national level the Democrats leadership is much more liberal than the average American, or democrat party member for that matter.

On the republican side I don't know what to call that party under George Bush. When he first came into office his first big push was for an amnesty bill for illegal alliens. Then 9/11 happened. That idea was shelved until about a year ago. Now it is a hot issue again.

Many here would like to see a new right wing party emerge. I would like to see a more centrist party emerge between the democrats and republicans. Such a party would be for the working man, (and woman) and pro business with senseble rules. No lawyers, welfare recipiants, corparte crooks welcome! Mabe would could bring back Teddy Roosevelt and the bull Moose party?
  10. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Go ahead and gloat, Huck, it's your time. But now remember WE get to sit back and take the easy "cheap shots," and if the Liberals don't allow debate within your party, like they have done the last 6 years, hell, since 1994, or MAYBE as far back as 1980, it's going to be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Enjoy your two years in "power."

You said we would all be "turning more liberal."

If you look at the results objectively (which of course, you WON'T:p ), the Republicans LOST because they "turned more liberal," and the Democrats WON because the "turned more Conservative," at least in the campaigns....

So this MAY be a good thing for all of us...because only THREE things can happen....

(1)If the Dems DO listen to the 54 "Blue Dog" Democrats in the house, and/or they ally themselves with the Conservative Republicans, then Conservatism actually has control(!)

(2) If the Dems STIFLE the "Blue DOgs," or they were all LYING (like they've done in the past SO welll,) then all the "Liberal Excesses" will drive the country back into the arms of the Republicans QUICKLY, and those 54 seats will be back in our hands in two years..

(3)The ONLY way we lose is if Republicans make the same mistake your are, and decide they have to "be more like Dems" to win....

There wasa GREAT quote in the USA Today yesterday, that the Dems are BOUND to misinterpret this "call for a change" to mean "the US likes Dems....":p

"Just because you don't like the hamburger in front of you, and you 'vote for a change,' doesn't mean you are going to like the 'two-week old road kill badger' put in it's place, when you were expecting STEAK":D :D :D :D

Heck, that was so good I think I might have to add that to my signature....:p :)
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2006