1. richerich

richerich New Member

Can you deep fry one? or bake it and then deep fry? I have read that you cant, for the center to be done you have to burn the outside. Has anyone tried anyway what was the result? :eek: I have seen it on utube doing it in steps but there has to be another way!:D:D:D
  2. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Looks like anything that takes 4 house in a oven would be demolished in a fryer if you kept it in there long enough to finish the inside. It would be a shame to go to all that work and expense then destroy $60 worth of bird/birds in the fryer.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I'm with Old Grump. Bake it.

I've never done a fryer, but if I did, It wouldn't be stuffed with anything.

Too much heat on the outside, and too much heat sink on the inside.:eek:
    A recipe for crispy critters.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

camp oven the thing

big cast iron pot with a lid bury it in hot coals , cook for 4-5 hours ( slow cookin)

mmmmmmmmm meat
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Im with jack on this one, anytime you have a rather thick meat dish, low and slow is the only way to go... If I had a guitar id play that song al nite
  6. CHW2021

CHW2021 Member

Sorry, there are some things that can not be fried, turducken is one of them. My only comments are to put the bird(s) in a 400 degree oven and reduce the heat to 325 after 20 min. This gets the party started and brings the internal temps up faster, you may reduce cooking time by 45 min to 1 hr. Watch the browning and cover with foil and baste as needed (not too often 'cause you loose heat when the door opens) and concider flipping the whole thing to cook the back (dark) meat of the turkey more than is usually done.