Turkey day hunting princess

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by jacksonco, Nov 24, 2011.

1. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Took my 7 yo grand-daughter deer hunting this morning. Last night I told my wife she would be lucky to make it 2 hrs before she got cold and would be ready to throw in the towel. Well she made it 1 1/2 hrs. She did do really well at sitting still and being quiet. It was 30 deg F when we left the house at 6AM. It was foggy and wet and no sunshine. All we saw was a woodpecker this morning but we had a good time regardless.

the little princess
    misc fall 2011 021.jpg

the scene of the hunt
    misc fall 2011 025.jpg

me as seen through the lil princess' eyes
    misc fall 2011 026.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Good on you Jeff!!! have a great day eh!
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

:eek:30*:eek: I don't blame her! :D She did well for those temps and I'm certain it's a hunt that you both won't forget.

Here i was complaining about 44* temps this morning..... can ya tell that I'm not a fan of cold weather?? ;)
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Awesome pictures! I can't wait to take my little boy out for a hunt where he'll be still and quiet. ;)
  5. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

I"m sure it will be something she talks about for ever. I raised three sons and a bunch of their friends in the hunting woods. For those worried about them holding still, don't. On one trip my youngest had climbed out of the stand to take a stick and beat a bush after an hour of fidgeting in the stand. The sound brought it three deer. Another time, my middle son was hanging over my shoulder dropping acorns from the stand floor onto leaves under the stand. Then he said, a deer is eating my acorns! Sure enough, right under the stand. My eldest finallly stopped fideting and fell asleep on my shoulder. I had to shake him to wake him so he could shoot the 8 point 20 yards in front of the stand. Take those kids out there. You will be amazed.
  6. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Thats awesome! Looks like some great gobbler grounds you get to hunt!

Keep her as your huntin partner! It appears it doesnt get much more enjoyable!
  7. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Good deal on the grand daughter hunting. Boy our kids are off at school past couple years, hardly ever at home to go hunting anymore and don't think I'll live long enough to take grandkids hunting, ha ha. My daughter shot a couple bear and caribou this year, but our son could care less about hunting I guess, just girls & body building nowadays. Maybe when they come home at Christmas.