Turkey Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alpo, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this, for a while now.

In December, do you wish people a "Merry Presents Day"? In the spring, do you tell people to have a "Happy Hard Boiled Egg Day"? In mid-summer, do you wish someone a "Happy Fireworks Day"?

Probably not. So why wish someone a Happy Turkey Day? It's Thanksgiving.

I used to do this. I heard it, on the radio, back in the 70s (I think). DJ was using the term, and I just thought that was so cool. Turkey Day. :D

But, over the years, my attitude has changed. Maybe I'm just getting crotchety. I still celebrate Washington's Birthday. Don't believe in President's Day (don't celebrate Lincoln's Birthday, either, but that's a political choice on my part). It's Armistice Day, not Veteran's Day. It's not Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings, it's Merry Christmas. And it's not Turkey Day.

I'm not offended by folks using the term - don't get me wrong. But I do believe they are wrong.
  2. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

With the way things are going "Happy Hard Boiled Egg Day" may take presidence over Happy Easter.
    All this politically correct crud is getting out of hand just to satisfy a few people who are alll in all....illegal aliens!

Happy Thanksgiving! :D
  3. red14

red14 Active Member

Happy Thanksgiving, Alpo.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Happy turkey day!..........Just kiddin, Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless!
  5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

No, you are not off base on this one. I, as I have gotton older, have come to the same conclusion. However, I do, during Halloween, wish people a Happy Pagan Holiday.
  6. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Thanks for clearing that up for me cause I was scratching my head. Little slow today I guess.

Happy Thanksgiving all.
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I didn't want to hear 'Happy Thanksgiving', 'Happy Turkey Day' or 'Happy Holiday' today... People who do not work in my department would tell me, "I hope you have a good Thanksgiving..." and in the back of my mind I was thinking, "I'll be stuck in here so that you can be at home, you brain dead twit." Sorry, you get a little jaded having to work every dang holiday. I'm honestly tired of the routine... :mad: :rolleyes: My attitude goes to hell around the holidays because of work. :eek:
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Happy Thanksgiving!
  9. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Hey SoMo! Good to see you!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Marlin and your family!!