Turn Out the Lights The Party's over

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Jan 31, 2007.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

2. Actually, 22, what The People's Republic of California really needs to ban is that tainted mary jane the legislators are obviously smoking in vast quantity! :D
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I like the flouresnce bulb, but if you turn them on and off very often the starters quit. If you filp it on and off several times a day you'll end up spending more on bulbs than the electricity you'd save. people should be able to choose for themselves
  4. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

As usual, the legislature is behind the times. I replaced, at what seemed extravigant cost, all my Edisons some 12-13 (?) years ago. Only one has failed, and the replacement died much faster than those still glowing. They made them too good way back when, so the savy marketers adjusted quality to force us to buy more often.

Another success story in the USA. :rolleyes:

LL
  5. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Only in Kal.... Let's see, broken incandescent bulb, sweep up the glass. broken Flourescent bulb, sweep up the glass/contain the mercury dust & all the other chemicals that pollute. Pay more to dispose of.... pay more to buy, but we'll save money? My tax dollars @ work.:mad:

What a great idea! :rolleyes:
  6. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

You have to be pretty careful about who you purchase your neo-bulbs from. TCP is completely Chinese; avoid these bulbs at all cost. Don't even buy flourescent tube bulbs from TCP they are garbage. Osram-Sylvania is about the best; but, you must ensure that the bulb is of US or German decent before using them.

The law is a pretty darned stupid idea; but, that is why we have paid monkeys sitting in every state capital.
  7. I dunno, Light. Sometimes I think they're more like vampire bats, sucking the blood out of anything that breaths. :mad: :cool: