Two guns

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Teresa, May 25, 2004.

1. Teresa

Teresa Guest

First, S&W Model 36 Chief's .38 sp. 3 inch barrel. NIB (that includes the box, paperwork and an original S&W leather holster for it). The gun has never been shot.

[​IMG]

Gun was originally bought in September of 1982 and it looks like I'll probably have to sell it but I'd like to know an asking price before I do.

Second, a percussion rifle .45 caliber. Made in Italy. I cannot read who the maker was. It is built along the lines of a Pennsylvania style rifle (so patterned after the early change over still has the brass deal on the side to put flints like my flintlock does). Single trigger, fairly decent condition (some light pitting on the outside but nothing serious that I can ascertain).

No picture of it at the moment.

Any ideas of worth?
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

I'll check around "T"...'Course Doc and LTS will know right off...;)
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

One book says.

100% = $325.00
    98% = $290

Note:
    1st models with high polish blue and diamond grips will bring premiums when mint in original box.
    (does not say how much of a premium)

Your mileage may vary.

Would only be guessing on the second one without a maker.
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hi T. My book calls for NIB = $300. Hope this helps.
  5. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

$275-$300 is a good retail asking price on the S&W.

The value of those Italian flintlocks vary widely, but with the condition you describe I'd figure $100 is in the ballpark.