Two liberals found the light

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 76Highboy, Oct 5, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

This week, a LGS told me that a very liberalized individual finally bought his first revolver and was ecstatic to shoot it. Then, finally, I got the good news that a liberal teacher bought his first gun. It is a shotgun and he is going bird hunting for the first time.
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

there is hope for a few mis-guided individuals. Eventually, they'll all realize that personal responsibility and the right to protect one's self is none of the govt's business.
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Most people think all liberals hate guys. That's not true. Up here you will see bumper stickers Obama/Biden next to an NRA one. Makes no sense but I have seen this....
  4. 76Highboy

Yes I know. I told the guys at the gun shop that when the guy shoots his gun and comes in excited to then remind him that our gun rights are being taken away and he will probably lose his gun. The salesman said that he knows the man won't like that. Give them a taste of losing their own guns and things suddenly change. A lady that I work with is liberal but now she is thinking that she needs a gun. Hey, that's one small step forward.
  5. Hugh357

Hugh357 Member

Say what? What is a LGS and to whom are you speaking about?
  6. 76Highboy

LGS is a Local Gun Shop. These people are people that I come into contact with. I come into contact with many people on a daily basis.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  7. kingcuke

kingcuke Member

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
    Robert A. Heinlein

IMHO seems Repubs are for less regs on business, but more on people Dems opposite, but both are bought.
  8. 76Highboy

No comprehend. Sorry.
  9. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Apparently Kingcuke thinks that Republicans want less regulations on business and more on people. IE gay marriage and whatever. And Dems are just the opposite.

However he has no idea what he's talking about. Dems want to regulate whether you can smoke or not. Dems want to regulate what car you drive. Dems want to regulate your diet. Dems want to regulate your healthcare. Dems want to regulate your speech. Dems want to regulate how many guns you can own and how much ammo you can buy. Dems want to regulate your religious beliefs. Dems want to regulate how you feel about homosexuality.

Nope. Its only Republicans that want to regulate people:rolleyes: I can definatly see where you see the Reps regulating people, you just doesn't understand that what Reps want to regulate is not even close to what Dems want to regulate.

Yea bud they are both bought. But don't dare tell me the Dems don't want to control my life. If thats what you think, well just stop thinking:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  10. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I believe a converted lib is the same as a moderate muslim. They simply do not exist.
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Your so right. They were never really libs to begin with.
  12. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think a lot of people think they are liberals but they are in reality conservative. We had that test on this on the forum a few days ago. I had my wife take it and it turns out she is very conservative. She thought she was a liberal.

Most Americans want social security and medicare when they get to old for work. They don't expect the government to pay their way when they are young and able to work. If they do they are no good.
  13. 76Highboy

My only goal is to get as many gun advocates as possible. Can we really change a lib? probably not. But one more gun vote never hurt.
  14. 76Highboy

That I agree with. That is why some finally see that light. It's only a few but they are there.
  15. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

Well it seems that Liberals like guns. The Gov. is surly buying up lots of ammo lately.
  16. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Take a new person shooting.

They will make the proper choices

about gun rights, if they are gun owners...
  17. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I believe that afterall how many people with guns just give or sell them back?
    With crime today who in their right mind would do that?

I would feel strange without guns (plural) or peppersprays or knives at my disposal. Don't have a taser.....yet.
  18. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

What I have experienced personally is that a liberal is anti-gun until they need personal protection.

I know some strong liberal anti-gun folks.

When they had a situation involving an ex-spouse coming over to start some trouble, they called me to come over first with a gun ("a BIG gun" is their words) to protect them.

Also, I carry. At one time these liberals would get on my case about "needing" a gun. I explained time and time that I carry a gun just like we have a spare tire and lug wrench---in case I need it.

If we are passing through the "wrong part of town" one of the liberals now asks me "are you packing?"

As I said, conversion of people happens on a personal---not a philosophical--basis.

Sadly, they'd still espouse gun registration and other anti-gun laws on a philosophical level while still liking to be protected personally.

(Not unlike being anti-military but proud to be protected from invasion.)

But liberals are known for being two-faced.

The old saying is, "The best way to convert a liberal is to kick them out of your house and make them get a job and pay taxes."

Of course, nowadays, they can just go on welfare and remain liberal forever.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  19. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, that's classic!

"Umm, can you protect me? I don't like guns."