The Firearms Forum banner

Two of my latest 45auto acquisitions;

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  oldironsights 
#1 ·
Found this like new Laseraim 45auto a couple of months ago.
Kept watching the for-sale thread where the price began at $450, & over time was reduced to $350.
A stainless steel 45 with adjustable tritium night sights, factory laser, box & literature for $350.
Hell, Yes!
Met the seller on the bluffs of Natchez overlooking the mighty muddy Mississippi.
Not too far from Little Rock where it was made circa 1993 to 95.
Got to shoot it & I was pleasantly rewarded with some good groups from the cheap steel cased Russian ammo. Feels great in the hand, & with Millet style sights, sports a sharp sight picture.
Much higher quality than my AMT Automag.

Next up is a NIB SIG P227.
This is my fourth SIG handgun, & these SIG pistols remind me of a great pick-up truck.
They are rugged, easy to service, reliable & can be worked all day long & not show any signs of fatigue.
All are also very comfortable. The slide stop & decocking levers remind me of the smooth shifting of an old "three-on-the-tree" column shifters that populated pick-up trucks before the advent of the automatic slushboxes so common today.
While I was not a fan of plastic grips in the past, the seamless, stippled grip of the P227 is a comfortable confidence booster. Love the texture! Better than my older P220 & my HK P7 PSP.
Here's a few pics;
Check out the sharp, checkered front strap;

Here is my older P220 that I just HAD to refinish!
What ideas go through my mind while sipping hard cider, I cannot understand the next day, but here she is. Took quite a few gallons to complete.

Hope you enjoy the pics! :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice looking pistolas. The 227 is on my short list, it's impossible to go wrong with a Sig.

#4 ·
Love the Sigs! A looong time ago prolly when the LaserAim's first came out, I bought one that had the decocker fall off with the first round fired. Needless to say, I took it back and demanded store credit. Bought a nice S&W .357 magnum. Always wondered if I just had a lemon or if they were cursed. Looks like you got a good one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.