Two Tone Glock

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by JERICHO941, Jul 18, 2010.

1. JERICHO941

JERICHO941 New Member

Heres my Gen2 G22 that I have given a sweet looking two tone look, Its my IPSC gun. I got the inspiration from the G22 which is in the back ground of the second pic.

The slide had what I was told was Duracoat on it, which I wasnt too fond of. So, after round 1 of rubbing it with both acetone and paint thinner and hitting it with a dremel powered wire brush(which didnt do a dang thing to the finish), and round 2 of soaking it in Jasco epoxy stripper for and hour and 45mins of scrubbing with a heavy duty scotch bright scrubber pad it turned out with a nice two tone look. And yes, I popped the sight off and the barrel was already polished by the previous owner who had it before the person I got it from.

What I started with.
    [​IMG]

After the hard work. Two Toning looks sweet I think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

Looks nice, but I prefer all black.
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Two Tone on a Gun??????? :eek: Are ya nuts????? :eek::eek:
    I don't think so, Think it looks GREAT !!! Here's a couple of mine, I don't think I've posted any pics of the 220 before.

Attached Files:

4. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I guess it's OK, for some people, but I prefer a mono-tone color design, preferably all black.
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

the glock slide is coated with tenifer. basically it is a metal coating that bonds on the molecular level with the metal. it's purpose is to be resistant to corrosion. and it is a very resistant finish compared to bluing. personally i would not want to remove the finish on the slide of my gun. i'd have that bad boy cromed though.