1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Two Tone Glock

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by JERICHO941, Jul 18, 2010.

1. JERICHO941

JERICHO941 New Member

Heres my Gen2 G22 that I have given a sweet looking two tone look, Its my IPSC gun. I got the inspiration from the G22 which is in the back ground of the second pic.

The slide had what I was told was Duracoat on it, which I wasnt too fond of. So, after round 1 of rubbing it with both acetone and paint thinner and hitting it with a dremel powered wire brush(which didnt do a dang thing to the finish), and round 2 of soaking it in Jasco epoxy stripper for and hour and 45mins of scrubbing with a heavy duty scotch bright scrubber pad it turned out with a nice two tone look. And yes, I popped the sight off and the barrel was already polished by the previous owner who had it before the person I got it from.

What I started with.
    [​IMG]

After the hard work. Two Toning looks sweet I think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

Looks nice, but I prefer all black.
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Two Tone on a Gun??????? :eek: Are ya nuts????? :eek::eek:
    I don't think so, Think it looks GREAT !!! Here's a couple of mine, I don't think I've posted any pics of the 220 before.

Attached Files:

4. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I guess it's OK, for some people, but I prefer a mono-tone color design, preferably all black.
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

the glock slide is coated with tenifer. basically it is a metal coating that bonds on the molecular level with the metal. it's purpose is to be resistant to corrosion. and it is a very resistant finish compared to bluing. personally i would not want to remove the finish on the slide of my gun. i'd have that bad boy cromed though.