Tx Homeowner sends would be robbers running.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by woolleyworm, Aug 20, 2009.

1. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

TEMPLE (August 20, 2009)-- John Evans, 19, of Temple and a 16-year-old boy whose name was not released were arrested early Thursday after two burglars stole a remote garage door opener from the vehicle of a Temple resident, used it to open the garage door of the man’s home, and then fled when they encountered the armed homeowner[​IMG].
    It happened at around 1 a.m. Thursday on Las Cienega Drive.

Nearby officers responded, and arrived in time to see the two burglars entered a creek and wooded area near the home.
    Police searched the area without success until about 3 a.m. when a Temple Daily Telegram carrier flagged an officer down and said he saw the pair in a vehicle on a nearby street.
    Officers arrested the two without incident, police said, and recovered some property taken in other burglaries in the neighborhood overnight.
    Evans was charged with burglary of a habitation.
    The 16-year-old was taken to the Bell County Juvenile Detention Center and was also charged with burglary of a habitation, police said.
    Police are investigating other similar incidents in South Temple and said additional charges are pending.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/53838657.html

Couple of good points to take from this one..

1.) an armed homeowner is a helluva theft deterrent

2.) never leave your garage door opener in plain sight, thieves and crooks are idiots, but not entirely stupid; don't encourage them.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The good decent LEOs know this. I've have more than one LEO tell me the same thing.
  3. topper

topper New Member

they outta be whipped in the public square for such behaviour. they were lucky they were not shot. if it had been me that caught them on my property....

Keep both barrels loaded!