U.S. Senate nominee Alvin Greene military record shows subpar performance

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 199er, Jul 23, 2010.

1. 199er

199er New Member

COLUMBIA (AP) -- Surprise U.S. Senate nominee Alvin Greene of South Carolina says he's an "American hero" and frequently mentions his 13 years of military service.

But records obtained by The Associated Press on Thursday show Greene was considered a lackluster service member at best. He was denied two promotions for mistakes as severe as uploading sensitive information and as basic as an overall lack of the ability to clearly express his thoughts and perform basic tasks.

Greene shot to the political forefront after his surprise victory in the June 8 Democratic primary. He often mentions his service but has refused to go into detail.

Greene left the U.S. Air Force six months after his second promotion request was denied. He later served in the U.S. Army and left the military last year.

.....click below to see his AF Performance Evaluation and & Army DD-214. He rceived an Honorable Discharge but be sure to check out blocks #26 & 28 on Member 4 copy of his Army DD-214. Block #28 lists the Separation Code of "JFV".......which means: physical condition, not a disability, interferring with performance of duty.

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/images/AlvinGreeneAirForceDocs.PDF

Also check out his campaign Rap Video"

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=487050
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Yep, Idiot all the way. If this is what the Repubs have to go up against we are in deep trouble. Here is my thinking on this so bare with me here for a minute. The general population is getting sick f these career politicians on both sides of the fence. On top of that the general population has already showed its willingness to elect some yay-hoo without looking for any type of political or personal background. I for see this feller making it even farther than he already has and god help us if he does. The minoriety community is gonna rally behind this guy becouse he is black just like they did with Yo'Momma. Mark my words this could happen and god help us if it does.
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Can he be worse than those already in place?

Pops
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Didn't I hear that before in 2008 and guess what the answer is yes. He is running against Jim DeMint and frankly I wish we had a senator in NH as good as DeMint.
  5. 199er

199er New Member

Thanks, we like DeMint too. Are you referring to (R)Judd Gregg whose been in office a while or the first termer and ex-governor (D)Jeanne Shaheen ? and why????
  6. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sub par performance, he'll fit right in.
  7. belercous

belercous Former Guest

Let's see, Greene (who is he anyway, but still) wasn't a stand-out soldier. But he still served in the actual armed forces, the Army & Air Force.
    G.W.B. served in the National Gaurd, but not much. Often A.O.L. as he had campaigning to do. And that wasn't a problem. Dick Cheney didn't serve as he had better things to do. And that wasn't a problem. John Boehner (House minority leader) never served. But, hey, no problem. Mitch McConnel (Senate minority leader) did not serve. And nobody cares. Michael Steele (present G.O.P. Chairman) never served. Again, no problem.
    Now, the last 5 most prominent G.O.P. leaders have never served in the (real) armed forces, but now it's a problem that Greene wasn't a stand-out soldier, although he actually served in the U.S. military?
    Please explain how this is not hypocrisy? I don't get it. In what way does this disqualify him from being a Representative?
  8. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

OK I forgot about all the dedicated military service of Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid and of course Bill Clinton. So I guess George Bush spent more time in the military than all of the above combined. The BS about his service that duh Dan tried to sell the public was debunked but I guess you didn't get the memo. The 2008 Presidental candidate was MCCain, enough said about service.

Alvin Greene is an idiot and his time in the military is further proof that he is an idiot but hey that hasn't stopped any of the rest of the democrats.

199er:

Gregg is stepping down. He has been popular, a decent senator and generally conservative. He is solid pro gun but has drank the global warming kool aide. There are some good people currently running ahead of the Sept primary with the leader and my favorite the former attorney general Kelly Ayotte.

Shaheen is a liberal democrat, enough said. When she lost as an incumbent governor the slogan was "Jean Shaheen the tax machine". She won in the big anti-Bush 2008 campaign so she is in there until 2014. Her big thing is a public option on health care. When she speaks just run a rake over the blackboard it has the same effect.
  9. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

Alvin Greene? Are you kidding? This guy is no whiz-kid and all it takes is about one minute of his speech to realize he couldn't win a debate with Alvin the Chipmunk or Elmer Fudd.

The thing that scares me is Obozo's folks handle re-counts and if they could pull it off for Al Franken they could certainly put this clown in office.
  10. 199er

199er New Member

Global Warming,Health Care,Tax and Spend: when drinking the kool aide from these 'goblets' one must be very cautious.......................that kool aide is beginning to turn into "HEMLOCK".
  11. 199er

199er New Member

I completely agree with this statement and will quickly point out Greenes' DD-214 charactizes his 13 years of military service as Honorable

However, Greene, through the course of his campaign, has continuingly capitalized on his military service by repeatedly touting himself as "a true American hero". This obviously 'Qed' the Press to obtain a copy of his military service record through a FIOA
    to see the specifics of his heroics and when they did ............. "OOPs, there's another one!!!".

Greene most certainly is not the only person (or wannabe politician) to embellished his/her military service record for some sort of gain (especially recently). Clearly he would have been far better off to declare he was a "veteran of 13 years of Honorable service" rather than declaring himself "a true American hero".

When this sort of 'stuff' comes to light I view as an affirmation by the veteran that that he/she doesn't value, respect, or believe their Honorable service was good enough and I consider it an 'embarrassing slap in the face' of all veterans.........past, present, living or deceased.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  12. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

It is realy starting to nagravate me when I keep hearing people disparaging people in the National Guard and Reserves. The charge is either camaraderie on the inside or ignorance on the outside of the military.

When the nation gets it in the ringer, first up are those stationed in the theater then Guard and reserve units. Bush knew that when he signed up. They take the punishment and learn how to fight the new enemy. That learning curve is payed for in blood. Meanwhile, the Regulars train and beef up our forces. Only when they are ready do the Reservists and Some guard units return to teach the new guys how to kill our new enemy.

There is an old song that gives a hint of the price paid by those who stepped up voluntarily, leaving hearth and home, to the melody of "On Top of Old Smokey', The chorus goes;

And the guys you will notice who take it so hard, are the recalled reservists and the Air National Guard.

Might also add that a lot of reservists and guardsmen are bearing a substantial part of the load in the physical, "War on Terror". I say this with One son in theater and 2 more all in the Regulars going by end of the year.

Here in NE Ar. a number of our local Guard Unit have been KIA and wounded.

Obama wants us out of Afghanistan by next summer. Wonder how long before the attacks start here at home once the pressure stops in their old training grounds. Can see what side he is on.

As for those of us who have served, we have all served under substandard officers at one time or another and sometimes they go. Just like in the business community. The fact of service or no service by our leaders is not as important as their character or lack thereof. One thing that encourages me is the high quality of candidates that we are getting from returning veterans. Hope a mess of them get elected despite attacks on them by the Dems. and the GOP leadership. Some of these guys will be defeated by dirty tricks from incumbents and their own party but many will be back in 2 years older, smarter and ready for the dirty politics. One thing that military training does is teach you to modify your tactics to deal with new and emerging threats.
  13. 199er

199er New Member

I agree with you Trouble 45-79 and must say it irks me to see deparaging remarks about our Reserve Componet branches of military service. Our government determines all honorable service as equally honorable regardless which Component (active, reserve, or Nat Gd) one serves in; regardless of ones job specility and; regardless of wether that service was during peace or wartime.

The specific circumstances of ones service (either good and bad) will impact how the public views a veteran but the "standard" by which the government measures ALL veterans by is their Character of Service.............."Honorable" (or less) regardless of mititary component or period of military service.

Mr Greene 's military service is characterized as honorable so I won't disparage that service. But as I stated in an earlier post, he has repeadedly touted himself to be "an American hero" which has proven not to be the case. His embellishment (and I use that word loosely) of his service record and the fraud he's perpetuating on the voters is what I find offensive, not his actual service.............it is honorable.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  14. belercous

belercous Former Guest

I wasn't disparaging anyone's service. `Cept W.'s as he didn't do much serving, and was only in the Gaurd to avoid Viet Nam. My point was that it doen't seem to matter a whit about serving if it's a Republican but a Democrat has a much higher standard.
    Look at John Kerry; under enemy fire, awarded medals, and served admirably by all who knew him. Except the "Swift Boat Veterans For Truth" who have been soundly discredited. Lost to a cheerleader who served in the Gaurd when it was convienient.

Greene touted his service because it is a big deal for the right wing, it wins votes. A political move, and they all do it. How about Mark Kirk in Illinois? Lied about his record. Or Chuch DeVore and Tim Walz? Don't seem to hear much from the right when a Republican exaggerates his/her record. Makes one wonder why military service is such a big deal for Democrats, but not Republicans.

Obama, Biden, et al, never said they served. What's the problem? Does the fact that someone served automatically qualify them to be a leader? Or disqualify them if they didn't? Reagan said he liberated a concentration camp and he never left the states. Didn't hear much from the right wing about that. Let a Democrat try something that stupid and whoa, end of the world. Just sayin' there's a double standard.

When anyone lies about their military service it is wrong, but call all out on it equally. I appreciate those who serve in the Gaurd and Reserves, they are the reason we don't have the draft today, which is good. But also, we have a higher desertion rate today vs. we when we had the draft. Seems like back then military service was seen as a civic duty, now it's seen as a job which can be quit when inconvienient. Overall, the all volunteer military is the way to go as the vast majority serving today are dedicated soldiers.
    And don't fall for the media's bid to-do about the number of suicides in the military. When compared to the same age group population of civilians there is a negligible difference. The media just likes sensationalist stories, but this ain't one when the facts are examined.