The Firearms Forum banner

Uberti cartridge conversion max load?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  hunter29180 
#1 ·
Hello , im fairly new to the bp revolvers as i have a couple ubertis to start my collection . I got the Howells conversion and not sure what type of cowboy ammo is best. I have bought some fiocchi 45 lcca 250grs lrnfp cowboy rounds but wasnt sure if its to much for my uberti Walker . I havent been able to find much info online. An i like having my hands an fingers the way they are. Please any correct info would be great as if these are safe to shoot w this walker an conversion .Thank You

#4 ·
Dmunyo..any 45 sold new and marked as "Cowboy Load" will be safe in you conversion. DO NOT shoot 45lc if they are NOT marked as "Cowboy Loads" as those may cause a problem.

#6 ·
Thanks for the insight gentlemen , wasnt sure esp w those being smokeless an the whole pressure thing, an the black powder only warning under the barrel . But yes they are new an say cowboy loads. Prices have def gone up . I payed 53 bucks for that that box of fifty. Know of any better deals around. Every trading post an store i go to say they are getting harder to come by.

#7 ·
reload them..easy enough to do. if you shoot less than 100 a month use the Lee classic reloader set. (its a hand load set-up) and use Trailbos powder. I reloaded the first 1000 of my 45lc with this setup and still enjoy using it sometimes over my press setup!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.