1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ugh, must choose between .22 LR rifle, 3 choices

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by vl.nikolic, Aug 19, 2008.

1. vl.nikolic

vl.nikolic New Member

i have to choose between these rifles:

anschutz 1451 (old - from W.Germany => at least 20 yo)
    CZ 452 (new)
    remington model five (new)

if i choose CZ or anschutz, i can not get any spare parts (because of my location)

have u any advice

thanks
  2. BillP

BillP New Member

What is your location? Would you be able to get parts for the Remington? :confused:
  3. Tom

Tom Member

What is a 1451? Is it a sporter? How many rounds has it had through it? My Anschutz rifles have been target rifles. The 1413 I used through college had so many rounds through it, that it ringed the barrel ahead of the chamber. It needed to have the barrel set back and rechambered. Because the barrel is a shrink fit, this isn't easy with an Anschutz. Clean the barrel of the 1451 and look at the barrel just ahead of the chamber to see if it is ringed. The ring starts as a partial ring, and progresses until the rifling is ablated away forming a ring about 1/8" infront of the chamber.
  4. vl.nikolic

vl.nikolic New Member

hello people & thanks you for reply

i am in serbia, thus parts for the zastava (remington model 5) i can get easily. this anschutz looks like model 1416 that is available now (i look at the anschutz site)
  5. BillP

BillP New Member

The Remington Md. 5 looks like a good solid weapon but I have no personal experience with it. I have an Anchutz .22 as well as a CZ 452 in .17. I love both of these firearms for the quality and accuracy. Availability of firearm parts is a hit and miss thing around the world. Just because you can't order parts through a store doesn't mean they aren't available. Find a gunsmith and or smallbore gun club and ask. The CZ452 has been around for a long time under several names (try BRNO) and I find it hard to believe that parts aren't available in your part of the world.

Also, a gunsmith isn't like a repair man for electronic devices who thinks only in terms of swapping a new off the shelf component for a defective one. A gunsmith can repair a broken part or fabricate a new one. Springs and other parts that frequently break can be found or made.

The Md. 5 looks good to me but if you have your hart set on one of the others I would go for that one.
  6. Tom

Tom Member

The 1416 is the 64 action. It should be good. Don't know about the Remington model 5.
  7. Erich

Erich New Member

Albuquerque NM USA - 6000' above sea level
    Shot an old Ansch├╝tz in college, and have never liked another .22 as well. :)