uh oh makarov jammed bad help

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by josh, Oct 17, 2004.

1. josh

josh New Member

Ok I bought my wife a bulgarian makarov yesterday. We brought it home took it apart and cleaned all the cosmoline out of it. It appears brand new. The barrell and slide look like it was never shot.
    So we cleaned it up oiled it very well and tried it. the wife ran 1 magazine through it and it worked flawlessly. I just tried it and it jammed up so badly i cant seem to fix it. The slide is stuck about 1/4 of an inch from ejecting the empty. The case is loose but dented. It wiggles all around so it isnt stopping the slide. Why would the slide be so badly stuck? how do i fix it?
  2. josh

josh New Member

ok I managed to get the empty to fall out the magizine well but the slide is still stuck.
  3. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

If you can get a borelight or some other means of reflecting light in the bore, look for a ring.
  4. josh

josh New Member

well the barrel was blown up. Im thanking the good lord to still have my hand.
  5. lead

lead Active Member

Glad you're ok. Take this to a good gunsmith and have him check it out. I don't think I've ever heard of a Mak barrel blowing up before.
  6. josh

josh New Member

They gave me another gun and they are going after wolf ammo company to reimburse them. See i had a round that seemed underpowered. But i saw the dirt fly in front of my target so I didnt think there was a problem. They think the load was weak and the bullet pushed out of the jacket leaving the jacket in the barrel for me to blow out with the next round. I thought this seemed obserd but I read the same thing in my lyman reloadind manual.