UltraDot L/T 'customer service'

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by nwortho, Apr 20, 2011.

1. nwortho

nwortho New Member

Recently bought a UltraDot L/T Open Sight for my Buck Mark...I also have an UltraDot MatchDot, which is adjustable between 4 sizes of dot options.
    The new L/T is advertised as a '2 and 4 MOA Dot' scope, which was one reason I bought it. I presumed that meant it was also adjustable.
    However, while sighting it in, I noticed there was nothing in the instructions as to how to change dot sizes...so, (silly me...) I called the phone number listed on the web for 'UltraDot Distribution' to ask about it.
    I was told that UltraDot used to offer either a 2 MOA or a 4 MOA product, but discontined the 2 MOA...when I pointed out that they advertise it as ' 2 and 4 MOA', the guy basically yells 'DO YOU WANT A REFUND, SIR?' several times!
    I'm keeping the scope because it does what I need with my Buck Mark, but that experience with UltraDot will definitely stick in my mind the next time I'm in the market for a pistol scope!
  2. watsisname

watsisname Member

Good to know. Thanks for posting the info.
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

Weird, isn't it? I'd like to think that in this economy, with so many people out of work, customer service would be at an all-time high. Not so. Seems everywhere I turn I'm encountering surly clerks and salesmen. Maybe people are working jobs they think are beneath them, I just dunno.

But I won't return to a store or restaurant or dealer with poor customer service. No excuse for it.
  4. nwortho

nwortho New Member

As a 'follow-up' on this post from last year...I've recently started having problems with this same Ultradot L/T in less than a year, on the same Buckmark (which I don't shoot all that much...).
    I went to their website to verify the service address, which is listed as 'P.O. Box 161' Lake Panasoffkee, FL.
    Unfortunately, I shipped it via UPS, and then recieved notification after a week in transit that UPS can't deliver to a P.O. Box (well...now I know!).
    There is nothing but an email address for the service location, and the only phone number is for 'Ultradot West', which is an independent retailer.
    Long story short, I have to have the package shipped back to me so I can then reship it to them USPS...can't wait to hear whether they will cover it under the 'Lifetime Warranty', or deny coverage!
    Guess I'll find out...