UltraDot L/T 'customer service'

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by nwortho, Apr 20, 2011.

1. nwortho

nwortho New Member

Recently bought a UltraDot L/T Open Sight for my Buck Mark...I also have an UltraDot MatchDot, which is adjustable between 4 sizes of dot options.
    The new L/T is advertised as a '2 and 4 MOA Dot' scope, which was one reason I bought it. I presumed that meant it was also adjustable.
    However, while sighting it in, I noticed there was nothing in the instructions as to how to change dot sizes...so, (silly me...) I called the phone number listed on the web for 'UltraDot Distribution' to ask about it.
    I was told that UltraDot used to offer either a 2 MOA or a 4 MOA product, but discontined the 2 MOA...when I pointed out that they advertise it as ' 2 and 4 MOA', the guy basically yells 'DO YOU WANT A REFUND, SIR?' several times!
    I'm keeping the scope because it does what I need with my Buck Mark, but that experience with UltraDot will definitely stick in my mind the next time I'm in the market for a pistol scope!
  2. watsisname

watsisname Member

Good to know. Thanks for posting the info.
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

Weird, isn't it? I'd like to think that in this economy, with so many people out of work, customer service would be at an all-time high. Not so. Seems everywhere I turn I'm encountering surly clerks and salesmen. Maybe people are working jobs they think are beneath them, I just dunno.

But I won't return to a store or restaurant or dealer with poor customer service. No excuse for it.
  4. nwortho

nwortho New Member

As a 'follow-up' on this post from last year...I've recently started having problems with this same Ultradot L/T in less than a year, on the same Buckmark (which I don't shoot all that much...).
    I went to their website to verify the service address, which is listed as 'P.O. Box 161' Lake Panasoffkee, FL.
    Unfortunately, I shipped it via UPS, and then recieved notification after a week in transit that UPS can't deliver to a P.O. Box (well...now I know!).
    There is nothing but an email address for the service location, and the only phone number is for 'Ultradot West', which is an independent retailer.
    Long story short, I have to have the package shipped back to me so I can then reship it to them USPS...can't wait to hear whether they will cover it under the 'Lifetime Warranty', or deny coverage!
    Guess I'll find out...
  5. mbrd

mbrd New Member

wow man, i am looking into reviews of the ultradot l/t to try to make a semi-informed decision about whether to score one, and almost everywhere i go i keep running into your grousing about not having understood the product had a fixed moa dot, and not knowing that ups could not deliver to a united states post office box. so all of that b.s. aside, what happened? did you decide to stop posting when ultradot made good on the warranty? seriously, what happened? if these guys jerked you around, i don't want to do business with them, but you aren't really making much of a case against ultradot here...
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

mbrd, Welcome to The Firearms Forum. It seems that you have opened up a three year old post. The original poster has not been back to TFF since 11 April 2012. Do you think he will be back to answer your questions?
  7. mbrd

mbrd New Member

aye sir, and thanks for the welcome.
    the age of the thread was not lost on me, but i did not realize that the OP had not visited TFF at all in the intervening time.
    i posted my response because (as i indicated) i keep running into this same individual's story in retailer review sections and other public fora (is that the plural of "forum"?). his or her story does not seem to be a review of the product, but it has been so broadcast that someone skimming over it might unfairly chalk up "one against" what might be a decent product after all (whether or not it is a decent product is what i am trying to find out).
    not knowing that the OP had been absent from all TFF activity in the past two years, i had also (distantly) considered the possibility that he or she might respond with the results of the ultradot warranty coverage (or lack thereof).
    something i had failed to consider was that i might be putting extra work on moderators to review what probably just sounds like me slinging turds.
    sorry for that...
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sounds like he/she is not happy with his purchase and is just trying to hurt that company out of spite, every where he possibly can. It kind of looks that way to me since he hit TFF, made the two negative comments, and never came back.

I again welcome you and I hope that you stick around long enough to enjoy our little forum. We do have some very knowledgeable people on many different subjects. Hopefully you can add your expertise to one of our sub-forums.

You did not put any extra burden on me since I read every post, anyway. There is a world of folks that just don't notice the post dates and I thought that possibly you might have missed them.

Also, thank you, I did not know that fora was plural of forum, I have learned something new today!!