1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Un-Bubba'd 1903

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Raptor08, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Raptor08

Raptor08 New Member

Recently I bought a Bubba'd 1903 for $100. I figured it would make a good project gun. Well I got it home and figured out just how much was wrong with it. I decided to see if I could undo some of the damage that was done. I have included some before photos. In one of the pictures you can see bailing twine that was used as a spacer on the front sling swivel and the high quality front action screw. I did the best I could with what I had. I know it's not perfect but I am pretty satisfied with the end result as you will see in my follow up posting.

Attached Files:

2. Raptor08

Raptor08 New Member

UPDATE Un-Bubba'd 1903

Here are the Updated photos of my Un-Bubba'd 1903. It's not perfect but it's mine.

Attached Files:

3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Nice work! It looks so much better with traces of Bubba removed.
  4. eka

eka New Member

Very nice. Glad to see you get her back into some decent clothes. I bought one one time with the intention of putting her back in military trim, but made one mistake. I could help myself and took her to the range. Dang, this baby would stack 'em in one hole. I mean an unusually good shooter. So, to this day she still resides in my safe wearing her new sporty attire. And, she is one of my very favorites. So, I guess all is well. Not to mention, I already had one in full military dress and changes can still be made later, if so desired.

But, it still makes me smile to see one restored in such a nice fashion as yours.

Keith
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

You did a great job of taking care of Bubba's fix!!
  6. Nicely done, Raptor, and the rifle in question was well worth the effort! :cool:
  7. Raptor08

Raptor08 New Member

Thank You Gentlemen.