Unable to order US guns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kestral, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Kestral

Kestral Member

Have purchased guns from a large sporting co in Germany for over 30 years.Last week I placed an order for a Ruger 44mag Redhawk KRH445 & a S&W 6" 357 mod 686.The reply was .Sorry we are no longer allowed to sell any American made firearms in Europe by order of the US State Dept.What s going on ??
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I don't have an answer but i'm sure the US Government has some kind of Nefarious reason behind it...

I no longer have ANY trust in the government at all. They are all Wolves...

mike
    gn
  3. dew38

dew38 New Member

there trying to force them out of bussiness is my thoughts
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

It sounds like the UN Small Arms trade ban is coming... What we're seeing with this action is a beginning of compliance with the UN Small Arms trade ban that John Bolton said a resounding "NO" to back in the Bush administration. The new administration officials are globalists and will therefore make every effort to comply with UN objectives. This is only a theory...

Here's an interesting article that explains why the UN Small Arms Trade ban is a bad, bad thing.
    http://www.davekopel.com/2a/Foreign/UN-Small-Arms-Conference.htm
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  5. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

This UN small and light weapons Arms trade ban,Where can I read about it and how does it effect me.Just wondering ,have not heard about it up here.
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Here's a review of the Conference that was held in the US in 2006.
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=2283

Essentially, the program was to stop the trade of small arms between countries. The stated reason for the program was to prevent arms being sent to unintended groups, such as terrorists. The suspected reason was to prevent freedom fighters who fought back at their oppressive governments from obtaining weapons. The effort would have also severely hurt civilian availability of small arms and possibly placed UN regulations on ammunition and all light weapons. That's my understanding....

Furthermore, the ban would have stopped the purchase of new small arms by a citizen of a country whose country didn't produce arms domestically. In other words, if you shut down your firearms manufacturers through frivolous lawsuits, and you can no longer import weapons then you've stopped the trade of all but used weapons within a country. That's my interpretation only...
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  7. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

So more of the crap that the US is exporting guns to Mexico for the cartels to use against the military more or less.
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I suppose that same scenario could be applied to the cartel use but this UN effort has been going on for at least 8 years, as I understand...
  9. Kestral

Kestral Member

I am still able to purchase any European items,ie HK.CZ,Taurus etc,but I really wanted the Redhawk 44 also A S&W 29 44. 6".Seems Ive lost out on these.I have been able to purchase bits & pieces from the USA over the last few months,but not any complete guns for sometime now.European revolvers dont come up to the US standards I`m afraid.
  10. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Maybe it's more of the spendulus job creation thing. I wonder if the Small Business Administration will loan start up cash for gun sm.uggling . It's a whole new business.
  11. Kestral

Kestral Member

A quick followup to previous post,Have included some copies of the emails sent to Germany,but have deleted the name of the supplier as I feel I do not have the right to show it without his permission.I would have been able to purchase US items upto a couple of months ago Ive been told.See attachment for emails.

Attached Files: