Under the topic of 'Tactics'...this question

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by busykngt, Jun 12, 2011.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

No one has full records of my firearms (except me). They'd have a hard time getting a hold of the rest, even after a thorough, warranted search.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  2. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Yep. Old guy at the range made fun of me oneday. TOLD me my Glock would not touch the plates at 25 yards. Because his 3K Les Baer was having troubles. Called my wife over from shooting the 22 rifle she likes shooting. I asked her to shoot the plates for me. She asked "the big ones or small ones?" I told her what ever she wanted to shoot. She chose the smaller 4" plates..... 7 shots later (missed the first one on the first shot) she cleared all 6 of the 4" plates at 25 yards. The expert just packed up and left. I dont even think I could have done it under that kind of pressure with such a perfect 1911 sittin on the table next to me. All I could do was be bedazzled on how perty the gun was and how terrible the owner shot it.......

She can flat out shoot. I want to get her into IPSC someday. that way I can go and just watch and brag to the others there "I taught her everything she knows".......

Finders keepers and the rest is history for the suckas at the range.....
  3. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    Nice.:ya: I taught my girl to shoot then she left me.I wanted to shoot the idiot she left me for. :AR15firing: 2 years of my life down the drain. Then I enlisted lol.:patriotic:
  4. n4aof

n4aof New Member

If you live in a jurisdiction where they are likely to hold your gun for "months" before clearing you (assuming you are in the right), they are most likely going to take ALL your guns as part of the investigation.

Any answer anyone can give to your question is meaningless because the real answer is 90% dependent on where you live and 2% dependent on what you did, and 8% dependent on what you said happened.
  5. n4aof

n4aof New Member

A couple of years ago we had our local cop to the house to "investigate" an attempted break in (door jam damaged by prying) -- while talking with my wife his pager went off so he asked if he could step inside and use our phone -- my wife said OK so he came into our spare bedroom/office (converted enclosed carport).

On the wall in a poster frame was a standard B21 silhouette target. The cop noticed the target and commented "Your husband is a mighty good shot." -- My wife said, "Yes, but that's not his target -- that's mine -- he taught me to shoot." I think he was feeling downright inadequate by the time he got back to his car.

BTW, the holes in the target were .45ACP and our local department carrys 9mm's
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

If Joe Burglar breaks in my house, and I kill him, then yes, I should be cleared quickly. If my aim is off, however, and he lives, then he will be tried for burglary.

First they have to get him well. However long the hospital stay is. Then he gets arraigned. Tells the judge he's crazy and needs to be examinined by shrink. Trial continued, continued, continued.

Currently I know a young lady that her husband attempted to kill her in early December. 2009. Trial has not yet started. One year and eleven months, and trial has not yet started. If, instead of running for her life, she had shot and wounded him, her gun would STILL be evidence, and would STILL be impounded by the police.

Sometimes it takes a while.