Unfired Ruger Cap & Ball

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/18/02 12:24:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Unfired Ruger Cap & Ball
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was wondering if anyone has any idea what this might be worth. I need the info for insurance purposes only. It was my dad's and is not for sale.

berto64
    Endeaver to Persevere

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (11/21/02 12:22:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Unfired Ruger Cap & Ball
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Berto. Need more info.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/21/02 7:23:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Unfired Ruger Cap & Ball
    shooter45 - if he forgets to get back to this I'll get the info Sunday.

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/22/02 1:02:20 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Unfired Ruger Cap & Ball
    Had to go get it out of the safe.
    It is a Ruger 'Old Army' with brass trigger guard and on the hand grip frame. Has a very slight line on the cylinder where it has been spun. Front sight-ramp, rear sight-adjustable for elavation & windage.
    Blueing is 99%, wood hand grips are original and perfect.
    The gun is NIB basically.
    Ser#-140-024XX

I bought this piece back in the '70's as a present for my dad.
    After his death, I got it back.

Thanks in advance,
    berto
    Endeaver to Persevere

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (11/22/02 8:20:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Unfired Ruger Cap & Ball
    Berto, the Ruger will bring $400-$450.