Uniforms

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Guest, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hope6970
    (5/7/01 10:34:42 pm)
    | Del All Uniforms
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Troops, how about those uniforms? Can anyone still fit theirs or did you mothball them? Oh yes, don't forget the boots. Hope

homer4
    (5/8/01 1:12:29 pm)
    | Del Re: Uniforms
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boy!,don't I ever wish.I gave most of my clothes to my brother-in-law.Wore my Boonie hat till it fell apart as for my camo's I wore them huntin and fishin and yardwork till they got excessively tight from all thshrinkage my wife caused from the hot water and poor detergents she would use,Hehheh.

Had the jungle boots for a good while also,the zippered kind that I had sewn in back at Vinh Long I believe it was.Somewhere along the line they got tossed.

...and two hard boiled eggs.

Misterstan
    (5/8/01 5:56:03 pm)
    Hope,

I still have most of my uniforms neatly folded and stuffed into my seabag. I had my dress whites tailored and pressed, then I never wore them again because we never used them in Vietnam.

I still have the "greens" that I wore in Vietnam and also my dungarees - loved those bell bottoms. I was wearing my dress blues when I arrived in Vietnam in October 1970. They are usually worn during very cold days but it was about 115 degrees when I got off the Continental Airlines plane in Saigon that day.

Still love that Navy uniform today especially the tie and the 13-button front trousers on the dress blues.

I also have the jungle boots I wore in Vietnam plus at least one brand new pair of jungle boots and a new pair of black boots - both size 11R.

I wear size 13 nowadays, does that tell you anything about what I can still get into?

Stan Lambert
    St. Clair Shores, Michigan

homer4
    (5/10/01 6:45:16 pm)
    Geez! What a big footed clod hopper he is guys! And not only that!,it takes 13 buttons to keep his pants up and closed...Good Grief!

gene29223
    (5/11/01 8:31:10 am)
    Yes, still have my uniforms and can just barely squeeze into them - have to hold my breath to get that top pants button butted - but hey they are a size 34. Boots, yes- still use them to do yard work and I put a coat of polish on them now and then. Better half keeps asking why I still have the duffle bag packed and ready to go. I tell her they might recall me (NEVER HAPPEN, GI). SOmehow I just don't have the heart to get rid of it yet.

Take care, Gene

dap22
    Senior Chief Moderator II
    (5/11/01 8:43:35 am)
    I'm not answering the question........but yes, barely.

homer4
    (5/11/01 12:47:56 pm)
    Wonder if he means barely has or barely fits. Hehe!

dap22
    (5/11/01 2:16:49 pm)
    Maybe a little of both..................

longshot1
    (5/11/01 4:22:02 pm)

My c cap fits fine. The rest of the uniforms must of belonged to someone else.

NickG

dap22
    (5/11/01 7:28:00 pm)
    Nick, you said what I mean't to say but didn't have the agates to say it................