"Unintended Consequences"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hey Y'all! For those of you who have never read this book by John Ross...Ya need too! Pops sent it to me, and I have told other folks I work with about it...It's on a wait list at the library in SXSMAN's city...if ya want ta get on the circulation list here...Let me know!...;)
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Just make sure you sign it as you pass it around. I decided to send my original copy, as it has already been read by a bunch of people and is no longer scared of strangers. :D

Pops
  3. wuzzagrunt

wuzzagrunt New Member

It's a great book, but...............................

I'm no blue-nose (not even close) but I found the sexually explicit material in the book to be completely gratuitous, and an unecessary distraction. I've read racier material and was not offended. It's inclusion in this book just irked me no end.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I agree, WG. Ross said once, in an interview, that the publisher insisted on that being written in. I decided it's better to have it in there than to have the book not published.

Pops
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

wuzzagrunt, Was that the Rape?...or is it something that's coming. I'm at page 289...;)
  6. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

What is the genre/subject matter of this book?
  7. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Rem, So far it's about Fictional Characters set in non-fictional times where anti-gun laws are starting to be put in place...that amazingly follow anti-gun laws that have been enacted in other countries...including Pre-WWII Nazi Germany!...So far it's an excellent read for anyone concerned about your Second Amendment rights erroding...:(
  8. Remington597

,Excellent , it will be added to my reading list., thanks
  9. wuzzagrunt

wuzzagrunt New Member

No, that scene (as unpleasant as it was) moved the storyline and was pertinent to later events. There is a character introduced later, and things get kind of weird. Just my 2ยข....let me know if you agree when you've gotten further along.
  10. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

I'm with ya wuzzagrunt! I finished it last night. I think more of a tie could have been made as to why the character was essential to the storyline. I agree also with Pops, sometimes ya gotta do...what ya gotta do just to get it in print. It was a excellent read, and I learned a lot...kind'a felt like I lost my virginity! Eyes are open now!...On it's way soon to the next folks on the waitin' list...;)
  11. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

The only possible reason I could think of to put the particular ladies in there was to set up the scene with the Senator(?) they left in the car with homosexual evidence in place.

Pops
  12. Remington597

I just got it.

[​IMG]

Here are addittional recommendations from my library.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last one is especially good since it deals with the gradual transition of our armed forces command structure to the UN.
  13. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Rem, I'll try and locate those two around here! Thanks!!!...;)
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2004
  14. Remington597

They are available at aobs-store.com