1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Unique Hi-Power---Help!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by stash247, Oct 18, 2003.

1. stash247

stash247 New Member

Bought an FN Hi-Power at a gun show some time ago. Really need some help pricing it.
    It's an immediate post war FN, s/n 62,xxx, with the following unique features.
    It was accurized by Armand Swenson in the early 70's, confirmed first by the roll pin in the dustcover, securing the ( screw in) barrel bushing, and confirmed by the shop stamp on the feed rib, bearing the Gardena address.(Shop moved, as I recall, in 1974)
    Subsequently, it was converted by L. W. Seecamp, of Conneticutt, to double action. (Louis,not Larry)
    Purchased out of the estate of Tom Ferguson, the late Gunwriter, who lived down here in Texas,
    I've spoken to Larry Seecamp; he remembers the pistol, and said his dad only ever did two- the other was sent to FN- and remarked that the conversion was ' more trouble than it was worth'
    I've spoken to Irene Swenson, several times, but since the death of Armand, most of the shop records are gone, though she is still looking to verify provenance.
    With or without letters, etc, the markings on the pistol will confirm all above, except the Ferguson part, which I CAN document.
    WHAT'S IT WORTH???
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Welcome Stash! Can you post any Pic's of your FN? It will help to identify it and it's value...:)
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*