Universal Carbine

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mustang7513
    (1/13/03 9:25:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Universal Carbine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's not exactly a C&R, but thought someone here might know about them.

Saw one in a pawn shop window today. I know they are a post war knock off of the real thing. What are they worth these days and are they any good?

They had $225 on the price tag. Didn't have time to talk to them about it as I was on my way back to jury duty after lunch.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/13/03 9:30:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Universal Carbine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Universals are a pretty nice little carbine in their own - but very few parts (other than magazines) interchange with the military carbines. I have had a few pass through my collection over the years. Fine little shooters. $225 is not a bad price if it is in very good or better condition.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/14/03 10:25:18 am)
    Welcome Mustang.....welcome to TFF.

I recommend that you not carry a Carbine into the jury box. The defense counsel might get his undies in a bunch!

mustang7513
    (1/17/03 6:33:05 pm)
    Xracer,

Heck, my undies would have been in a bunch when I ended up in the seven floor jail.

Dannytoro
    (2/6/03 5:39:31 pm)
    I've always fancied one in .256 magnum; but they aren't very common.......

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/03 9:09:21 am)
    If that's a standard grade Universal Carbine, the price is high.

80% = $150
    90% = 160
    95% = 170

wonderwhippet
    (2/8/03 11:29:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Prices in the southwest
    Here in the southwest (Arizona, Nevada, California) a Universal or Iver Johnson carbine in minty condition brings $325. Even beat up ones go for $275.