1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Universal Vulcan

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Cherokee Mike, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Cherokee Mike

Cherokee Mike New Member

Several years ago I purchased a Universal Firearms "Vulcan" pump-action .44 Magnum carbine at a gun show. I understand it was manufactured by the same company that made Universal M-1 carbines in Florida. I have read it was made in the late 1960's for one or two years. I would like to find out more information (magazine articles, test reports, etc.) about this gun. I have only seen one or two others at gun shows I've attended.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

3. Cherokee Mike

Cherokee Mike New Member

Xracer,

Thanks a lot for the additional information. I appreciate your help.

Cherokee Mike
  4. let's trade

let's trade New Member

It may be nothing more than Urban Legend, but there were quite a number of those around this area of SC about 20 years ago, when I was heavy-into working gunshows. At that time, the story was that the guys who trained for the Cuban invasion were making these guns, as a front for them being here.

Like I said, urban legend? Likely, but it sure makes for a good story!
  5. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

in the early days of the magazine 'gun world' (i believe 1960) they had an article titled 'cubans and carbines' the unversal vulcan was mentioned in this article along with a remodeled carbine version of the winchester 351 self-loading rifle. may be some truth to this urban legend.
    bill
  6. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Go Ahead, Senor Castro Punk! MAKE my DIA!