The Firearms Forum banner

Unknown 12 Gauge Bolt (HELP!)

890 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  NPGunsmith 
#1 ·
I had posted this awhile back but was able to find some better pictures of the complete bolt assembly. I thought it was for some sort of lever action rifle, but now it appears to be for a 12 gauge shotgun. Can anybody please help identify this bolt assembly?

Mine is missing a lot of the parts and does not have any visible stampings on it, but they appear to be for the same gun .It appears old and the stampings for some reason make me think it is European for some reason.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
No problem, it's a very neat gun as far as the action goes, nothing like I have ever seen before. There are a few auction sites that had the complete gun a while back, I'm not sure how reliable they are since they have the laminated steel barrel and such an odd action, but definitely a neat wall hanger.

#5 ·
I was able to look it up once you identified it, and it does have an unusual action. They only made 17K from 1903-1913, and they in two models the 24 and 25 / 25A. They offered 12 and 16 gauge.
I also read Ithaca continued to build them after Union Firearms went out of business. My bolt does not have serial numbers like the complete one in the pictures which makes me wonder if mine is a later or earlier production. The groove at on the top of my bolt also appears narrower than the other one, maybe it is from a 16 gauge.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.