1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Unknown Browning

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Hermes, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Hermes

Hermes New Member

I recently acquired a bolt-action 30-06 Browning rifle from a relative who passed away. While I know a fair bit about firearms, the model of this rifle is unknown to me.

I searched around google and firearms related sites before I posted here, but if there was something obvious I overlooked, you have my apologies in advance.
    IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

Thanks.
  2. Hermes

Hermes New Member

3. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

what markings? Bushnell scope appears to be mid 60s or earlier--markings?
  4. Hermes

Hermes New Member

The barrel is stamped with a "NP", the serial number and "Browning Arms Company Morgan, Utah and Montreal P.Q. Made in Japan" (also on the barrel)
  5. Hermes

Hermes New Member

ALSO on the barrel is marked " A bolt caliber .30-06 only