unknown rifle 1927 oviedo

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rustang8623, Dec 12, 2009.

1. rustang8623

rustang8623 New Member

i have this 1927 fabrica de armas, oviedo rifle. it does not seem to be turned into a deer rifle yet. the gentalman gave me the box of shells to use and they are the 7x57 wich where the original size. however the original stock has been removed and no im am trying to find out what stock it had so i can replace it. also, i dont know anything about this rifle. please help.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

It is basically a 7mm Spanish Mauser, I think made in the town of Oveido. If you check with Numrich Arms, they might have stocks for it. Here is a link for Mauser:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/model_new.asp?catID=3229

There are three or four Spanish Mausers listed. I do not know which one you have. Good luck on finding the stock.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  3. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Pictures would help. Check the bolt face where it holds the back of the cartridge, if it's square on the bottom it's a model 1893, round it's a 1895.
  4. 2nd Abeliever

2nd Abeliever Former Guest

Check out this website. Maybe it'll help you. Best wishes. Safe shooting.
    masterton.us/Spanmauhome.com
  5. Wafa

Wafa New Member

Hi! I think I have the same rifle as you do. Could you tell me if it's like yours? Do you by any chance know the name of the model?

Attached Files:

6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

It looks to be a Model 1916 Carbine or the short rifle. The carbine has a 17" barrel and the rifle has a 21.75' barrel. Straight grip stock, turned down bolt handle with upper hand guard. Chambered in 7X57. It were mine I would turn it into a beautiful light weight deer rifle. I really don't think you are ever going to find all the original hardware to restore it. Could be wrong, been wrong before and I know I will be wrong again.:)
  7. Zotar

Zotar New Member

I also have one of those. Mine, however is a Oviedo Model from 1925.
    I have found some useful information about it here:
    http://masterton.us/Oviedo1916
    I wonder how much it costs. Any idea? I mean, is there anyone who would still like to buy it?
  8. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I have a 1916 Spanish Mauser in 7 X 57 that is a really good shooter.

Try Samco Arms in Miami, FL they may have an original stock and forearm for it with all the metal parts included. Just don't be in a hurry, they are rather slow, but do have some nice items at reasonable cost.

Here's mine:

Attached Files: