1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Unrelated product recall!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrkirker, Sep 18, 2008.

1. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Okay, this isn't firearms related, but I know many of us have a well-diversified hobby schedule. (Heck, don't want anything to happen to ANY of my friends, even you guys that I NEVER agree with :p {it's too much fun crossing words with you!})!

NEWS from CPSC
    U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
    Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    September 17, 2008
    Release #08-402 Firm's Recall Hotline: (877) 253-3483
    CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
    CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

Aqua Lung America Recalls Apeks Scuba Diving Regulators Due to Drowning Hazard
    WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Apeks Second Stage Scuba Regulators

Units: About 25,000

Distributor: Aqua Lung America of Vista, Calif.

Manufacturer: Apeks Marine Equipment Ltd., of Blackburn, England

Hazard: These regulators can be missing the diaphragm cover which can cause the diaphragm to become displaced during a dive, allowing water to enter the scuba regulator. This poses a drowning hazard to divers.

Incidents/Injuries: None.

Description: This recall involves Apeks TX, ATX, and XTX second stage regulators that have never been serviced. Apeks and TX, ATX, or XTX is printed on the regulator.
    Sold at: Authorized Apeks dealers nationwide from February 2000 through June 2008 for between $420 and $1,450.

Manufactured in: England

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop diving with these regulators and visit an authorized Apeks dealer for a free inspection and free installation of a diaphragm cover, if the cover is missing.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Aqua Lung toll-free at (877) 253-3483 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or visit the company’s Web site at www.aqualung.com

---
  2. jpolito830

jpolito830 New Member

Jeez thats not good at all...Thanks for posting, I actually may know someone who can benefit from this.