Unrelated product recall!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrkirker, Sep 18, 2008.

1. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Okay, this isn't firearms related, but I know many of us have a well-diversified hobby schedule. (Heck, don't want anything to happen to ANY of my friends, even you guys that I NEVER agree with :p {it's too much fun crossing words with you!})!

NEWS from CPSC
    U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
    Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    September 17, 2008
    Release #08-402 Firm's Recall Hotline: (877) 253-3483
    CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
    CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

Aqua Lung America Recalls Apeks Scuba Diving Regulators Due to Drowning Hazard
    WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Apeks Second Stage Scuba Regulators

Units: About 25,000

Distributor: Aqua Lung America of Vista, Calif.

Manufacturer: Apeks Marine Equipment Ltd., of Blackburn, England

Hazard: These regulators can be missing the diaphragm cover which can cause the diaphragm to become displaced during a dive, allowing water to enter the scuba regulator. This poses a drowning hazard to divers.

Incidents/Injuries: None.

Description: This recall involves Apeks TX, ATX, and XTX second stage regulators that have never been serviced. Apeks and TX, ATX, or XTX is printed on the regulator.
    Sold at: Authorized Apeks dealers nationwide from February 2000 through June 2008 for between $420 and $1,450.

Manufactured in: England

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop diving with these regulators and visit an authorized Apeks dealer for a free inspection and free installation of a diaphragm cover, if the cover is missing.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Aqua Lung toll-free at (877) 253-3483 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or visit the company’s Web site at www.aqualung.com

---
  2. jpolito830

jpolito830 New Member

Jeez thats not good at all...Thanks for posting, I actually may know someone who can benefit from this.