Unusual 22Cal. Pistol

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by BAILEY, Feb 28, 2007.

1. BAILEY

BAILEY New Member

Hello, I'm hoping somebody might be able to give me some information on a pistol a contractor brought to me yesterday, It is an old ROSSI but iv'e sure found not a THING on the net about it. Well it's a 22 Cal. Double Barrel, Double Hammer, Double Trigger pistol with the barrel break down lever in front of the trigger guard, It has the shotgun type bead sight between the barrels. lol ... It's definately unlike any 22 Cal. Pistol iv'e ever seen. At the moment i'm not sure if it's Chrome or Nickel plated ... Anyway it's Marked: ROSSI CAL. 22. MADE IN BRAZIL across the Bridge and: FIREARMS INT'L CORP WASHINGTON, D.C. on the the left side of the frame. It's a tiny little thing as well. Any information you might be able to offer on this pistol would be appreciated. Thank You.
  2. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

With black plastic stocks? I've seen one before. Supposedly made for the poorest folks in Brazil who can't afford a revolver. Also useful as a last-ditch pocket gun for the slums of Rio.

I suppose with shot cartridges it might make a decent vermin gun.
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

like to see a picture of it
  4. Goody

Goody Member

I've had couple. They are actually fairly decent quality. They also made them in 32 SW. Sell for around $125 in 22LR
  5. BAILEY

BAILEY New Member

Yeah, It's got black plastic slabs And i wouldn't know anything about the slums of Rio ... lol But i find it hard to imagine a firearm manufacturer would go to the expense of machining miniature rabbit ear hammers and installing double trigger firing mechanisms as well as go out of their way to engrave designs down the backstrap and on the trigger guard rather that just make a miniature (and more efficiently designed) revolver ... if the intended market were the ... poorest of Brazil? A Simple Deringer would've been more cost efficient than this little contraption. But i told the contractor that brought it to me, that i'd try to find something out about it. (He did tell me that he'd fired it twice at an object on the ground, just in front of his feet and was unable to hit it.) LOL I hope those poorest of Brazil learned as much before strolling confidently through the slums.
  6. THUNDER BILL

THUNDER BILL New Member

THE GUN YOU HAVE IS A GARRUCHA CALIBRE 22 LONG RIFLE MOD.8-22
    MADE BY AMADEO ROSSI.
    THE GUN SOLD FOR $17.97 IN 1969 ,THIS IS THE FIRST GUN MY WIFE
    GOT FOR ME. AS TO VALUE NOW I DO NOT KNOW BUT I WOULD NOT SELL
    FOR ANY AMOUNT.

THUNDER BILL
  7. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

It's nickel, not chrome.
  8. noslolo

noslolo New Member

pics we need pics!!!
  9. DaMorris

DaMorris New Member

today one of these strange pistols rossi 22.cali. came to me and now i have it i gave 1000.00 dollars for it .i know its not a common lil gun this is one to keep and hand down to my boys wow what a find i seen all kinds of guns but this one grabed my eyes it was made in Brazil i know that its workmen ship is great whom ever made this took time and patients in the build,,,And South America is the best place for gun buying
  10. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Um, wanna buy some more guns?
  11. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

let me see pictures please
  12. Just22s

Just22s New Member

$1000.00 for a Rossi?, I'd also love to see pictures.
  13. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

DaMorris, welcome to TFF.

If you will pay $1000 for a Rossi :eek:, I have some Taurus' you will just love.:D
  14. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Let me send you a list of all the guns I have.........
  15. ared1

ared1 New Member

I just found this forum when I was searching for information on the same pistol. It was my grandpa's and he gave it to me right before he died. Someone asked for pictures so I will post some.

Attached Files: