Update on my mom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rommelvon, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

I don't know how to start this post......mom's lungs are not responding to treatment, she has to have forced oxygen to breathe, she signed a declaration for a natural death, meaning she does not want to be kept alive by a machine, the doctors seem to think mom is at this point.....I spent all afternoon with mom, she told me she was at peace with God, she is scared and they gave her a xanax to calm her down........I don't know what I am going to do without my mom, since dad died in 1994 I have been with her, making sure she never wanted or needed anything...it is so hard to see her laying in that bed struggling to breathe, all hooked up to tubes and monitors....It breaks my heart knowing there is nothing I can do for her except try to keep her calm. My brothers meet with the doctors wednesday morning to make a decision of some sort......I told them I just can't be there.........I know I couldn't be there in person......I'm still praying mom can pull through this and maybe even be put in a nursing home, but she said if she has to live tied to machines, she would rather go home to God. Thanks to everyone here who prayed and kept mom in their thoughts. I will update later in the week
  2. artabr

artabr New Member

My prayers are with y'all Rom.

Art
  3. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

May god bless you and your mom, and keep you strong.

Amen.
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Our prayers continue for your mom, you, and your family.
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Prayers from here.

Pops
  6. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother Rom.
    Moms are moms.
    'nuff said
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

God be with your mom, you, and your family. We are praying for you.
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Rom

My mother passed away in the hospital a short time ago. She also did not want to be on life support...and she was also right with God and ready to go.

It may be hard for you to be there but for her sake you must be there. I was there on the last streach of my mothers life. I stayed by her side for the last night of her life. She was not awake...concious(sp)? but i know she was aware that i was there.

She passed away the next morning. I went to get some sleep. I stayed with her that night so my father could get some much needed sleep. He was with her when she passed away...

I will pray for you romm. It may be hard, but be there for her. Even if she is only awake for brief moments every hour or so. I think its important for her to see you there when she is able to come to and see who is there. Do it for her.

mike
    gn
  9. noslolo

noslolo New Member

I went through this when I was 18. I sent prayers before for your mom and I will continue to send them. God bless you in this very difficult time.
  10. Lilly

Lilly New Member

My Prayers are still going up !
    Lilly
  11. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

Prayers continue to be sent....lost my dad 3 years ago, it was sudden and I was there as they were working on him. To this day I don't know if he knew I was there, I just know I was. It was the roughest night of my life. No one is walking in your shoes except you...your mom already knows you love her, thats a given. Take care.
  12. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Prayers continue for your Mom and for you and others in the family.

May God keep you and her wrapped in His healing arms.

Attached Files:

13. catfish83861

catfish83861 New Member

Rom, I just hope that things work for the best for you,your brothers and other family members and your mother. Sounds like she is a smart lady that is at peace with her destiny and I wish her the best. Bob and connie
  14. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:(:(:( i'm so sorry romm!! (((hugs))) do what you need to do to take care of you at that time. your mom knows you love her.