Update on Stolen Kimber Raptor II 1911

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AuburnAlum15, Oct 31, 2012.

1. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Glad they recovered the gun from the streets but it's unfortunate about the law. After your original post on this I contacted my insurance agent about my firearms. My policy only covers up to $1500.00 of stolen firearms, heck i've got single guns worth more than that. To top it off he tells me I can buy aditional for $30.00 more per $100.00 of coverage :eek:.
  2. AuburnAlum15

AuburnAlum15 New Member

"That is one beautiful gun. Will you be getting one just like it if you don't get the old one back?"

Yes, but Kimber makes each of their models in weird production runs, so it's kind of hard to find a Raptor II Stainless model like mine.

firefighter1635:

For that rate per coverage, I think it's cheaper to pay for additional coverage through the NRA. You may want to check with them....
  3. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Yup going to.
  4. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i'm a principle kind of guy myself.

the 'can't be released' story has holes in it.

I bet it could be released and sent to.. say.. a place to do testing on it.. or a lab. I've even heard of crime weapons being sent back to the factory for testing.. etc.. research.. etc.

sound slike more could be had , depending upon the willingness of the overseers involved
  5. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You may want to let it go and not look back. I may be a bit superstitious but it seems like you have had some bad luck with this gun right from the start.

Just a thought.
  6. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Sorry to hear bud!! Got to be a relief though
  7. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

"I thought our laws were supposed to protect the victim?"

Where did you chance upon this fantasy ? >MW
  8. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

The cops probably just want to keep it and use it as a "test" gun aka fun gun. I have read they try to keep one of everything so they can replicate crimes and have parts guns around to fix guns that were possibly used in crimes that have been destroyed. If the gun doesn't work they can't shoot a bullet and get a bullet signature.
    Just like cops pour out all the beer they take from minors.....RIGHT!!! Heck, the county cops I grew up with smoked all the weed they "confiscated" because none of it made it to the evidence room and they didn't write many tickets for weed...unless they had plenty in their stash.
  9. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 Active Member

Glad to hear that they found it, sorry bout the BS. I would probably take the payment from the NRA and get a new one this one seems to be fraught with bad luck.
    On the other hand I have now learned where to buy gun insurance. My renters only covers 1500 so I think I will be lookin into the NRA's deal.