Update on the car...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Aug 10, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I'm tired so i will tell the short version of what happened.....

Went to the dealership. Confirmed...its hard water...and it was stained real bad. They spent 3 hours trying every compound they had to try and remove the dried water spots. They were not able to get rid of any of it.

Like i said...i bought a surface coating for it called autobutler? or something and it came with the warranty that if something got on there and was not removable they would either buff it out or repaint it if need be. They buffed it... for 4 hours and still did not get everything. I take the car back at 7:30am tomorrow for them to finish it. Then i gota wait until 3pm to get the new Autobutler aplication because the buffing removed it.

I showed the car to the apartment management this morning... in short...they're weasels. So when i got back late this afternoon a went around talking to people about it. Several people have noticed staining on their cars but were not sure where it was coming from. I let them know about it.... in fact i will be sending a letter to everyone in the complex explaining the situation about whats going on.
    Those weasels are going to hate me before its over....

Here are 3 pictures i took yesterday of someone elses car getting nailed at about mid afternoon. I noticed the guy pull up and about 5 minutes later the sprinklers came on. It was hot and sunny. They could have poped his windshield with that cold water. If you will notice the sides of his car look like it has a dust or dirt coating....thats from the past water being baked on my the sun....

mike
    gn

Attached Files:

2. big steve

big steve New Member

Wow that sucks you should try and find out where there are no sprinklers and park around there.
  3. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

just step on the sprinkle head near your car so it wont pop up again.
  4. big steve

big steve New Member

yea but the best way is probably just to park your car away from them if you can.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  5. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Just remember that they are weasels glock, if you had to sign a lease(who doesnt) then you might try to hold them liable for any permanent damages, of course that means going to court. Dont do anything silly (you know what I mean) cause that would only give them ammunition to use against you.Try to work it out with them if possible or use the court route if you must. Hope it works out it seems that you have enough problems with out this kinda crap going on. Good luck!
  6. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

What he said, us Glock ownersa don't behave like that
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Is there an ordinance in town about water waste? One would think watering the sidewalk and parking lot would be considered wasteful. Plus, the owners of the complex are paying for that water, which is passed on to you in your rent and complex fees. That is your money they are running into the gutters.

Pops
  8. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Step on every sprinkler head you see if they get nasty with you. :mad:
  9. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I was gonna say buy a suppresser and go practicing, but this way is cheaper. :D
  10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

What they are doing to your car is vandalism, once they are informed of it and it doesn't stop. If you step on sprinkler heads that is vandalism and you ruin your argument. PHOTOGRAPHS! Then letters from everybody who has had damage done to their property, with photographs.

No change in a reasonable amount of time, then legal threats are called for.

Pops