Urbeti Breaktop Revolvers

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Flfiremedic, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Flfiremedic

Flfiremedic New Member

I think I want one of the Urbeit breaktop Schofield replicas...anyone have one or experience with one?
  2. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I had a chance to run a few rounds through a 5" .44/40 at the local range a couple months ago. Happened to be shooting next to a guy who just picked it up and I started drooling. He let me fire off a couple cylinders full...A nice break from thumbing rounds in my .45ACP mags!
    I like the feel of the grip compared to the Colt SAA clones...it kinda feels like a Ruger Bisley, more meat at the top of the grip. Didn't roll up nearly as far in recoil as when I shoot Colt-style frames or my '58 Remington CnB replica. I thought the action was a little on the rough side, but this was a new gun too...I'm sure a few more rounds through it will smooth it out.

I wouldn't mind one in .45LC, but their New Model Russian replica is a sweet looker too. Too expensive for me to get one of each...decisions, decisions...
  3. raveneap

raveneap New Member

I had one for several years. A well made, good shooting gun as are all of Uberti's. Finally sold it for quite a bit more than I paid as I was looking at another gun I wanted. This one was 44-40.

[​IMG]
  4. BIGBOOMER

BIGBOOMER New Member

I haven't had one yet, but a Uberti Schofield in 45 Colt is on my list when I find one at the right price.