1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Urbeti Breaktop Revolvers

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Flfiremedic, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Flfiremedic

Flfiremedic New Member

I think I want one of the Urbeit breaktop Schofield replicas...anyone have one or experience with one?
  2. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I had a chance to run a few rounds through a 5" .44/40 at the local range a couple months ago. Happened to be shooting next to a guy who just picked it up and I started drooling. He let me fire off a couple cylinders full...A nice break from thumbing rounds in my .45ACP mags!
    I like the feel of the grip compared to the Colt SAA clones...it kinda feels like a Ruger Bisley, more meat at the top of the grip. Didn't roll up nearly as far in recoil as when I shoot Colt-style frames or my '58 Remington CnB replica. I thought the action was a little on the rough side, but this was a new gun too...I'm sure a few more rounds through it will smooth it out.

I wouldn't mind one in .45LC, but their New Model Russian replica is a sweet looker too. Too expensive for me to get one of each...decisions, decisions...
  3. raveneap

raveneap New Member

I had one for several years. A well made, good shooting gun as are all of Uberti's. Finally sold it for quite a bit more than I paid as I was looking at another gun I wanted. This one was 44-40.

[​IMG]
  4. BIGBOOMER

BIGBOOMER New Member

I haven't had one yet, but a Uberti Schofield in 45 Colt is on my list when I find one at the right price.