Urgent! History is playing out as we speak!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Feb 26, 2004.

1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Friends, I'm not normally one to post a link to another internet chat board. But there is simply too much information for me to attempt a copy & paste here.

As you're probably aware, Congress is in the middle of debating the bill that would prevent firearms manufacturers from being sued for criminal acts of their customers.

However, there are a LOT of anti-gun amendments that people are trying to tack on to this bill. Things are happening quickly right now, and many of these add-ons are BAD for us. If the Dems get their way, this bill will be the worst anti-gun bill in history.

Turn on C-Span if you can. Watch what's going on. If you're like me, at work, and can't watch TV, go here. There is a member on that board who is updating us on what's going on, and has been since they started the debate yesterday. Read what he's saying. You'll be shocked at what the liberals are trying to do.

At this point, I'm just wishing the whole damn thing would go away. Considering the potential harm that this bill could do, it's not worth the benefits.
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

With my chest hurting as it does today I didn't need to read that thread on SKS but am glad I did.

I think it is time NRA stood up for us and stopped selling us out!

Thanks for the heads-up, Sniper.
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Thanks for the heads up and the link, Sniper.
  4. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

My understanding is that President Bush stated, "no attachments" to the liability bill. This postures towards a veto, if it even gets to him and at this point seems doubtful. Pay no attention to the ranting red faced cronies......it`s all for TV.
    Now as to the NRA, if you want to send the message we did years ago.......vote with your dollars. GOA and the citizens committee to keep and bear arms. I still am amazed at the folks who continue to support the NRA as they sell a little piece of our rights......each and every time this comes up "every time"

LTS
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

What did the NRA do in respect to the attachments?

Or more correctly...what did they do?

mike
  6. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Yes, The UN sponsored anti gun psychos are out in full force. Their goal is the gradual and complete disarmament of responsible citizens. Its like a frog being boiled in water and the temperature knob slowly being turned up. You don't know its too late until you're cooked.
    The Bolshevic degenerates have already achieved many of their goals of disarament in the European Union, Brazil , and now moving into other sectors. The have successfully objectified guns as evil. Think about it, calling inanimative objects evil is a sign of mental disease. They have brainwashed our children. They have shifted the entire focus from personal responsibility to " do it because it feels good". The spit in the face of God in San Fransisco and spread their degeneracy to Disney. They confiscate guns in every part of the world, and instead install secular pagan wicca and sexual deviancy. Instead of teaching our children hearty sports like marksmanship and the Bible, they are intimidating Boy Scouts into accepting degenerate perverts as members.
    They follow role models like Stalin and Hitler, because they crave power like a drug. Once they have us, it will be too late. They are infecting our culture. Just look at how biased the media is against average responsible gun owning Americans. They portray us as toothless rednecks on TV and Confederate throwbacks. I can tell you that I make much more than many of them do and have a better education, and probably more teeth.
    You have to remember that its all about attention on them, its all about power. Its all about craving it like a drug. We are humble because we answer to God, they are arrogant because they think they know what is best for us. Its classic Bolshevism , no matter if you call it the Brady Bill or if you call it "Proticting our children against evil guns". Hitler started the same thing with Jews and with burning books. Its always "About protecting our children". How about we stress personal responsibility for a change.

God bless America.
    Brian.
  7. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep! That's what I''m talking about!...;)
  8. keppler

keppler New Member

Yes Sir...I agree
  9. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

I'm tired of this crap. I refuse to let someone else take my rights away.
    A march needs to be organized on Washington and that march needs to be armed to show that we will not roll over and take this.:mad:
  10. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

THE SIN OF SILENCE

When they took the 4th Amendment away
    I was quiet because I didn't deal in drugs...
    When they took the 6th Amendment away
    I was quiet because I had never been arrested...
    When they took the 2nd Amendment away
    I was quiet because I didn't own a gun...
    Now they have taken the 1st Amendment away
    and all I can do is be quiet...

( and remain a "QUIET" slave...)
  11. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

If you haven't checked out the link I gave you lately, you seriously need to check it out.

The Senate just reauthorized the Assault Weapons Ban and "closed the gunshow loophole".

I find it disturbing that most folks on this board are sleeping through this.

WE ARE LOSING OUR RIGHTS, PEOPLE!

Granted, this still has to pass muster in the House of Representatives. Hopefully they will kill the whole bill. But you guys (and gals) need to get on the horn and contact your Reps.

Does anyone here even care? Why isn't anyone talking about this?
  12. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

Contacted senators and reps. What else can we do at this point. I damn sure don't want to talk about a screw job at this moment.
  13. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Sniper wrote:

Well, Sniper, I for one and a few listed in the thread above and several discussions have been in on contacting our Senators. Now it is time to contact the POTUS and our Reps. Every time this comes up we make it as easy as one little mouse click and yet I fail to see more than a handful of our more than 1500 members report back about doing something about it.

Go figure, but I for one am very disappointed in some of my fellow gun owners who think they can sit back and the others will do it for them!!!

[Down from Soapbox]
  14. KTX

KTX Guest

One day i'd like to see Political Reform. Get the crooks out, get the John Ashcroft's out of office. And bring back some sense of sanity into nations. I agree that there should be reforms on firearms. But to curve the constitution, in order to get reforms is the wrong road to take. I myself would not like the thought of someone holding a Dragunov sniper rifle beside their bed because it makes them feel secure. Yes a right to bear arms is a right you do have. But, what it creates is a society where everyone is vulnerable to those that wish to do harm to others through their rights.

All you need is one person to be a rightful idiot, and rights are lost. I myself wouldn't write a constitution that tells people they have a right to have weapons as a means of 'self-governance', when you notice the government no longer represents 'the people'. Since well anyone can claim to kill anyone and say that what they did was justified through the constitution. We already kill people through those means. Which is a direct reference to any Nation that has an army and uses that army as a progressive mean to establish a universal dominance in any nation.

I am heavily against Imperialism, America was supposed to be something great, although I fear it's turning into a religious fundamental zone with self-describing prophets and politicians that choose to harm the people of a nation. I have no respect for anyone that is progressive towards wars. Although I will discuss more about war in another topic. But I do believe it is supposed to be involved in this discussion.

Our world is never safe. You are vulnerable and always will be vulnerable but there is no need to have a state where it's main policy is to create panic amongst it's people. And because you are vulnerable your government should allow you if you want or not, to prepare yourself. Although let's not be dellusional, no one in their right mind would dare invade America. Main reason is, that any nation that does have any TRUE Weapons of Mass Destruction, will not get invaded since the "invading" nation will be heavily affraid those weapons will be used. So diplomacy would be the only clear solution, and depriving a nation by not giving them aid, is another it all works, in which it's another death trap.

So how is all this related to firearm reforms? Firearm's are used for self-defence, or for progressive purposes, they are duel use technologies. Those that want to take your power to have rights, are those that are trying to mandate a persons power to be able to fight against oppresion and tyranny.

Take your guns now, lose your life later. It's easier to kill/attack/invade someone when they have no weapons to use. This is how it starts.

More I will write.
  15. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

Are you forgetting, KTX, that the right to bear arms was also put in place to defend ourselves from a government that has grown tirannical?
    And exactly how would you classify our government right now?