US drought set to hit Aussie price of bread, chicken, corn

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Jul 21, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Corn, soyabean prices surged to record highs
    Agricultural regions of US declared “a disaster zone”
    Rise in wheat prices "biggest worry" for Australians
    Why Australians offset the US price

PRICES of bread and chicken are set to go up in Australia as the US faces its worst drought in more than 50 years.
    Corn and soyabean prices surged to record highs overnight, with large agricultural regions of US declared “a disaster zone” after weeks of scorching temperatures and low rainfall.
    The rise in wheat prices - which have surged more than 50 per cent in five weeks – is the biggest worry for Australians, Profarmer senior commodities analyst Malcolm Bartholomaeus said.
    “Anything that uses flour will go up,” Mr Bartholomaeus said.
    “And the price of chicken is likely to go up because feed grain has gone up and [producers] are likely to pass those costs on.”
    The drought also spells bad news for any products made with corn or soyabeans, Mr Bartholomaeus said.
    He added that the price rises will hit products in Australia toward the end of the year, when the higher priced commodities come into production lines.
    "Australians will pay Higher prices but the impacts wont be so hard in the US as the free trade act prevents any price rises above a set limit , no matter what" Mr Bartholomaeus stated.

America's top agriculture official Tom Vilsack has admitted he gets on his knees and prays for an end to the severe drought.
    “If I had a rain prayer or rain dance I could do, I would do it,” said Mr Vilsack, who is President Barack Obama's Agriculture Secretary.
    The cost of corn and soyabeans has now exceeded the 2007-08 highs that sparked food riots across more than 30 countries.
    The situation could spell disaster for the world’s poorest nations, Mr Bartholomaeus said.
    “We are approaching the levels for grain and wheat in particular where a large number of developing countries find it’s pushing the price of food too high,” he said.
    UN Food and Agriculture Organisation José Graziano da Silva told the Financial Times he would set up an international summit before the end of the year if the crop situation deteriorated further.
    “I am certainly concerned about the recent rises in food commodity prices, given their potential implications especially for the vulnerable and the poor, who spend as much as 75 per cent of their income on food,” Mr Graziano da Silva said.

Please dont abuse me for quoting the newpaper on the free trade deal , i really dont wish to respond to calls of you a LIAR or i hate America , i'm just posting whats in the news

its fact the free trade deal is all one way , sorry to those who dont like facts
  2. skullfr

skullfr New Member

I watched the story on MSNBC tonite.It is so bad here,gonna effect alot of people.They are having to sell the beef early because they cant afford the corn.It shouldnt affect Australia's beef as it produces so much.Do yall get feed corn from the U.S.?It could eventually affect your beef industry.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

skull we dont send beef to the USA all that Aussie prime , aint ..

the same deal the free trade agreement forbids us to send meat to the USA for 18 years

what they do is this , they set up feedlots here with US companies who hire indonesian and pillipino workers and import all the feed from indonesia ( and why aussie beef in the US gets pulled up for chemicals the stuff aint grown where there are restrictions of chemicals but imported and fed to the beef you eat)

what you get is the cheapest nastiest lowest cost stuff but with the aussie prime logo

we dont even own that

someone applied for the logo registration in a small court in wabash ( where ever that is) and got it granted ,

we objected but seeing we must do so in a US court and the patriot act says thats a attack on a US citizen or company we are screwed

we dont get your corn here , but do pay for it via subsidy's in oil and other things so you enjoy lower costs while we foot the bill

sorry if that upsets folks again the facts, i am not attacking the USA , just saying the truth ..

the big guys there are scamming you and us here

you aint getting what you paid for and its screwed our export industry here.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  4. skullfr

skullfr New Member

I was concerned as I didnt know where ya got your corn.Typical line the rich pockets and screw the little guy.
  5. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

We'll see it here, usually LONG before it even actually affects anything! Seems like as soon as the news story comes out, the prices jump! I remember when a gas station would take what they paid for the gas off the tanker truck, figure in their profit, and that's what they sold that gas for, now it jumps up 10-20 cents a gallon, no trucks come in, but they are making that profit on TOP of the profit they had already figured in on the gas in the tanks. They get you any which way you turn on it...
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

more corn here in one state than all the US together ( QUEENSLAND ) check

but Queensland is bigger than your 4 biggest states together
  7. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

With the corn being used in the ethanol in the gas, they'll get it from us that way too. Feed for the animals, flour, you name it. Even the "cheap" stuff that poor people used to count as staples is crazy, I can buy a steak for about the same price as a small package of beef bologna, decent hot dogs are just under $4 a pack...dang heat's been so bad I haven't even been out hunting tree rats yet and the season's been open for awhile.