US made compliance parts

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by jdon72, Apr 21, 2009.

1. jdon72

jdon72 New Member

Can you make your own compliance parts?

I want to convert my usc to ump and no one including ED at HDPS has any stock blocks, floor plates, and followers.

I want to get some made and possible sell to pay the extra in machining the products. Does anyone know the laws on compliance parts or manufacturing your own parts for a firearm?

J
  2. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL New Member

This is probably the most confusing rule of law ever written.
    The short answer is probably yes.

I still to this day do not understand how it could ever be inforced given most have made US parts without any markings.
    In the last few years a few parts manufactures have begun stamping US made and sometimes with their logo/name.

I remember back during the last assualt weapons ban when you could not put eVil features on your AR15. For example, you have a receiver (AR15) and were looking for a preban upper with eVil feature, BAYONET LUG/FLASH SUPPRESSOR.

You could not add it legally, but then who would know when it was added. Was it before the ban or after???
    Lots of lowers were sold way before the ban (94)

If you make them, mark them so there are no questions and you should be just fine.
  3. jdon72

jdon72 New Member

Thanks for the input...I actually finally talked to an ATF agent and he is their investigater...he inquired and then got back to me and said I was fine...Look for them on ********* and other accounts in about 1-2 mths

Jeff
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Did you get it in writing? Asking someone on a point of law, and then, because they said it was okay, doing it, is foolish. Six months down the line, when you get arrested, and you say, "Agent Smith said it was legal", it's your word against his. You got something saying it's legal, on ATF letterhead, signed by a real person, you're covered.
  5. jdon72

jdon72 New Member

Not a bad idea