US protests 'harassment' by Chinese vessels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Mar 9, 2009.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Testing Obomanations reslove???

Naw they probably just wanted to buy it :):):):):):):):)

WASHINGTON (AP) - Chinese ships surrounded and harassed a Navy mapping ship in international waters off China, at one point coming within 25 feet of the American boat and strewing debris in its path, the Defense Department said Monday. The Obama administration said it would continue naval operations in the South China Sea, most of which China considers its territory, and protested to China about what it called reckless behavior that endangered lives.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20090309/D96QPFQ80.html
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

and it will be getting a lot worse before it gets better
  3. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

You missed the best part...

"The Chinese mariners had stripped to their underwear following the blast by the Impeccable's fire hoses."

Come on guys, it's just spring break!
  4. 94z07

94z07 New Member

We've supported the "one China" policy for far too long. If we had fortitude we would recognize ROC as a sovereign nation. The Chinese think that we’re too addicted to poorly made cheap crap retail goods and their financing our deficit spending to do what’s moral. I think the Chinese are right about that.
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

They would not have done this to Ronald Regan....

The Soviets were very leery of messing with Regan after he went horseback riding only 2 days after colon surgery. They knew that was a sign that they shouldn't F*** with Regan!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D;)

mike
    gn
  6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

That and him sending F-111s to bomb the crap out of Libya.
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  8. swiftman

swiftman Member

An Iowa class Battle Ship would fit in this picture better, but don't know if they would be dumb enough to play chicken with one.:)
  9. 94z07

94z07 New Member

Silkworm missles could seriously damage the paintwork on an Iowa. We would have to equip them with extra rollers and brushes.
  10. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wonder if goon heads just " testing waters and posturing " ?....

Is it my bad memory or do I remember within 1 to 2 months in office , GW was forced into a "stand up or shut up " game with these monkeys over ..I believe it was one of our comm planes made an emergency landing on their turf...and didnt have time or neglected to initiate all or most of classified systems/data on board...if I remember...we got crew back but not plane until totally reversed engineered .......?

am I right..? didnt this happen this early in GW presidency...months before 911..they were calling it his initiation under fire...?

:cool:

People...those that dont know..need to..time is no problem for these monkeys...they do not DO ANYTHING without a reason.......
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  11. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

What sort of test is this for Barack Obama? It has nothing to do with America... and everything to do with Ukrainian arrogance and baiting.
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

It was a power play by Russia that they knew would cause pressure from the EU and its allies (read also US) on Ukraine. What better time to find the strength of the US than to call on its influence when a leader changes office?

I suppose you'd defend the recent and obvious muscle-flexing of Russia to ally itself with Iran in a deal to build nuclear reactors for them and also Venezuela, and to talk with Cuba about setting up base for TU-160 Supersonic Bombers in Cuba last June?... Or, the symbolic trip they took through the Panama Canal?... There are other accounts where they exerted pressure to rid bodies of water of other vessels where they'd like to claim mineral rights?...

Even with your Russia love going on, I don't think you can categorically say they haven't been pushing their way around the playground lately. No, I think there's no coincidence, and no doubt what Russia has been steadily escalating tensions with the US and others to reclaim their military prowess.
  13. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

These countries just think that with our so-called recession we'll just run off like a couple of school girls. However they fail to realize that the economic times in their own countries is far worse than ours.

I wouldn't place to much concern over China mooning us. That just means that they have no other means of doing anything to hurt us. We could easily just stop buying toys from them and collapse their economy.
  14. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

. . . . just stop buying toys from them and collapse their economy.
    Hmm, I think we HAVE stopped buying toys, clothes, electronics, etc. already, hyuh? :)
  15. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I'm afraid you're right 1shot. They are very patient and when they think we have forgotten The Dragon, it will bite us in the a$$.

Monkey's was funny too. :D :D