US Revolver 32 cal 5 shot top break value?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by NUTT00, Sep 16, 2010.

1. NUTT00

NUTT00 New Member

Hello, I have from my father in law, a US Revolver 32 cal 5 shot top break. I found the serial # under the grip and it reads B 20367. It is in good condition. Has a small chip in the black grip at the butt end, and could use a good cleaning. Just wondering what it is worth, and if it is safe to fire with some Magtech Centerfire Cartridges he has with it. Thanks for you help in advance.

Nick
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

i personally would not fire the Mag-Tech ammo in this revolver, i would stay with standard velicity 32 S&W ammo. that said u.s.revolver co. hammerless automatic serial number B 20367 was manufactured in 1921, there were 2,500 of this model made that year.

U.S. REVOLVER CO. AUTOMATIC HAMMERLESS-----1910-1935
    LARGE FRAME AND SMALL FRAME DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION; Brand name revolver manufactured by Iver Johnson’s Arms & Cycle Works for the wholesale trade. This revolver does not have Hammer the Hammer action, but it does have a rebounding hammer that the hammer version does not. Blue or nickel finishes were offered. Offered in two frame sizes and two calibers only. Standard barrel length: small frame 3 inches, large frame 3 ¼ inches; Calibers: small frame .32 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity, large frame .38 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity; Weight: small frame with 3 inch barrel 12 ½ ounces, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 18 ounces; Height: small frame 3 ¾ inches, large frame 3 7/8 inches; Frame length: small frame 4 3/16 inches, large frame 5 inches: Overall length: small frame with 3 inch barrel 6 3/8 inches, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 7 3/8 inches. . Main serial number location on left side of grip frame grips must be removed to see.
    VALUE: 100%=$225 60%=$105
    bill