US Revolver, 38, odd grip questions

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by JasonWolz, Jan 9, 2012.

1. JasonWolz

JasonWolz New Member

I have a few questions about a US Revolver Co,5 shot, 38 S&W.

This one looks to have grips, black hard plastic, which are much different that the standard ones I've seen on so many other US Revolver Co firearms, are these rare, odd, common - but just unseen by me?

When was this revolver made, the serial number both on the frame and bottom of the trigger guard is 27998 with no letters.

Thank you,
    Jason

Attached Files:

2. duck32man

duck32man Member

Jason - those look like Forehand & Wadsworth grips. Not sure what model.
  3. JasonWolz

JasonWolz New Member

Thanks -- explains the first part of the mystery -- other than how they found their way onto this US Revolver Co frame.
  4. duck32man

duck32man Member

Does it say us revolver co on the top of the barrel? If so, carefully remove the grips and under the left panel will be the serial number.
  5. JasonWolz

JasonWolz New Member

It does say in a single line US Revolver Co. on the top of the barrel, the serial number is 27998, it is both on the bottom of the trigger guard and under the grips.

Would really like more information on this, if the frame and barrel are US Revolver and just the grips are F&W or if just the barrel is US Revolver...etc.

THANK YOU
  6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Those are the same grips as on the F&W 1901 model. I don't know how many models they were used on. U.S. Revolver was Iver Johnsons economy line.
  7. duck32man

duck32man Member

US revolver made 1911. Someone put the forehand grips on it. You can look on-line for correct grips. Not sure on value.