1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

US Revolver 5 shot questions

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by augie, Oct 3, 2012.

1. augie

augie New Member

I need a little help dating this revolver I recently got in a trade. It's a 5 shot break top with auto eject. I believe it .38 s&w(at least that's what the previous owner told me). Black plastic grips with U.S. on them. The top of it is stamped with:
    U.S. REVOLVER CO.
    MADE IN U.S.A.

The serial number is on the trigger guard: 88026. The number is also scratched into the underside of the grips. Removing the grips, the only other stamp I can find is what looks like a number 2 on the right side.

Just wanting a little info about the date, etc. I was told it may have been made by IJ. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF.

Are you sure there's no serial number on frame under left grip? There should be one, with or without a letter code prefix.

SN 88026 with no letter prefix was made in 1915.
  3. augie

augie New Member

you're right, there is a number there. same as the one on the guard and on the grips, 88026. thanks for the info!