us revolver co 32 # 87025

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tjstrain, Oct 21, 2009.

1. tjstrain

tjstrain New Member

I've inherited this a few years ago and it's been sitting in the safe since then. It would better serve me if I traded it in on something new to use as personal protection. I'm wondering what this is worth retail and trade in values. Thanks in advance. TJ

[​IMG]
  2. tjstrain

tjstrain New Member

Hello, anyone, ballpark figures?????? Year of manufacturer? There are no letters under the grip in front of the numbers.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

serial number 87025 (no letter code found on left side grip frame) was manufactured in 1916 (approx 14,250 manufactured that year).

U.S. REVOLVER CO. AUTOMATIC HAMMER-----------------------1910-1935
    LARGE FRAME AND SMALL FRAME DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION; This is a Brand name revolver manufactured by Iver Johnson’s Arms & Cycle Works to be sold through the wholesale trade. It was never listed in any Iver Johnson’s Arms & Cycle Works catalog, although it was listed in some European catalogs as original Iver Johnson products. Does not have Hammer the Hammer action and relies on a safety notch on the hammer. Hard rubber grip panels with U S at the top, large oversize two piece hard rubber grips were optional. Two frame sizes and three calibers were offered. Standard barrel length: small frame 3 inches, large frame 3 ¼ inches; Calibers: large frame 38 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity, small frame .32 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity, .22 rimfire with 7 rounds cylinder capacity Weight: small frame .22 rimfire 12 ounces, small frame .32 centerfire 12 ½ ounces, large frame .38 centerfire 17 ¾ ounces; Height: small frame 3 ¾ inches, large frame 3 7/8 inches; Frame length: small frame 4 3/16 inches, large frame 5 inches; Overall length: small frame with 3 inch barrel 6 3/8 inches, large frame with 3 ¼ inches 7 3/8 inches. Main serial number location on left side of grip frame grips must be removed to see.
    VALUE: 100%=$225 60%=$105

bill
  4. tjstrain

tjstrain New Member

thank you bill.
  5. TonyDII

TonyDII New Member

I have the same type of revolver and I am looking for a parts diagram. While i was cleaning I believe the trigger return spring fell apart. Need a diagram for proper installation. Any help would be wonderfull.
    Thank You