US Revolver Co 32 Cal Return Spring

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by 3rdGenMarine, Sep 27, 2011.

1. 3rdGenMarine

3rdGenMarine New Member

Hi everyone, this is my first post. A little back ground on me. I'm a 3rd generation active duty Marine. My father was a Vietnam Marine who received two purple hearts and was medically discharged and who recently retired from the phone company after 39 years. He's taken up a his passion for gun smithing and has run into a problem he can't solve. He won't touch the computer but explained to be the problem.

He's working on a US revolver 32 cal top break for a friend and the trigger return spring was broken. There are two springs, one with a single curve in it and one with a double curve in it. The double curved spring is the one he's looking for. He has a few parts manuals and they only carry the single curved spring. Is there anyone that knows where we can find a double curved spring for this pistol? Possibly a company that carry's all these odds and ends pieces? I want to thank you for your help in advance!

Josh
  2. gunboat

gunboat Member

Try gunparts corp -- formerly known as numrich
  3. duck32man

duck32man Member

3rdgen - Thank you and your family for your service. Try Wolff Springs Kit#8 (i think) and see if that looks like the one. US revolver was made by Iver Johnson so their springs will work with a little "fitting" I just did a US 22lr. Good Luck!
  4. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I should have it. PM me if you like.
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Be prepared for some fitting. All the springs you can buy today are after-market and fitting will be required. The Wolff springs are best as many of the GPC springs are made from wire and are hard to fit properly. Buy one of the Wolff "packs" because I can almost guarantee you will ruin at least one of the springs, maybe more, in learning how to make it work.

Jim
  6. glassgnosis

glassgnosis New Member

Pardon me if I'm in the wrong thread. I have two US Revolver Co. pistols. Both fail to align with the barrel when the hammer is pulled or when the trigger is pulled. The cogs on the cylinder are worn badly. One was my Grandfather's and the other a later acquisition. I'd like to get them restored to firing condition. The serial numbers are 2175 on my grandfather's pistol and 54202 on the newer one. Is there a source for repairs and or parts? I have searched and haven't been successful.