US Revolver Co

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Solohan50, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Solohan50

Solohan50 New Member

Hello,

I recently received an old US Revolver Co. revolver and I was hoping that one of the Iver Johnson experts here could help me identify it. The serial number of this gun is F2311. I'm not sure what caliber this gun is. From what I've read on these forums (I could be wrong though), these US Revolver Co's were normally .32 or .38. It's definitely too small for .38, but I don't have any .32 S&W cartridges to test with. There's very few marking on this gun, but I've taken pictures of what I've found. Hopefully this is enough information to be able to identify the year the gun was manufactured, as well as what ammo it supports. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Solohan50

Solohan50 New Member

Last picture

[​IMG]
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Your solid frame U. S. Revolver serial no. F2311 was made in 1921 and is .38 S&W caliber. When you say "too small"
    are you comparing it to six-shot .38 Special guns? The .38 S&W cartridge is shorter than .38 Special and not interchangeable.
  4. Solohan50

Solohan50 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. You are correct, I was comparing it with .38 Special. Is this gun a new enough model that it can fire modern .38 S&W ammo, or is it designed for the black powder ammo?
  5. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

All of Iver Johnson's U. S. Revolver models were made after the upgrade for smokeless powder ammo.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

How is the trigger pull. No safeties in those days so they made the trigger pull so hard it couldn't go off by mistake.