US Revolver Company .32

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by racer14racer, Dec 29, 2009.

1. racer14racer

racer14racer New Member

Hi I have a .32 US revolver company gun that I inheireted. I was wondering what this gun might be worth and how do you load it. It has serial number 46850 on the trigger guard. The cylinder does not swing out on this gun. It is double action. I think the cylinder might come out to load it? although ther is a cut away on the right side of the body to maybe load one by one? There is a little button under a pin and the front of the cylinder of this gun that I dont know what it does. Any help would be apreciated. I would also like to have a copy of an owner manual? does anyone know when this gun was made?

Thanks

Race
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the manual for using the U.S. Revolver Co. Double Action is usually printed on the box they came.

the solid frame double action my be loaded and unloaded one at a time thru the lot in the recoil sheild or the cylinder removed and loaded and unloaded that way.

the main serial number location is under the left grip panel on the left side of the grip frame. this is the location of any letter code to the serial number. the medium frame 32 S&W double action serial number 46850 no letter code =1915 (about 10,000 made that year) and the serial nunber E 46859 = 1928 (3,900 made that year).

U.S. REVOLVER CO. DOUBLE ACTION-----------------1911-1935
    This revolver was manufactured by Iver Johnson’s Arms & Cycle Works for sale through mail order catalogs. Like the top break version it was never listed in any Iver Johnson’s Arms & Cycle Works catalog. Features an unfluted cylinder and round barrel in all lengths, grip panels are hard rubber with U S at the top; oversize two piece hard rubber grips were also offered. Offered in three frame sizes and four calibers, the standard barrel length was 2 ½ inches on all frame sizes. Calibers: small frame .22 rimfire with 7 rounds cylinder capacity, medium frame .32 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity, large frame .32 centerfire with 6 rounds cylinder capacity, .38 centerfire with 5 rounds, cylinder capacity: Weight: small frame with 2 ½ inch barrel 10 ½ ounces, medium frame with 2 ½ inch barrel 12 ounces, large frame with 2 ½ inch barrel 17 ounces; Height: small frame 3 3/8 inches, medium frame 3 ½ inches, large frame 3 7/8 inches; Frame length: small frame 4 inches, medium frame 4 ¼ inches, large frame 4 7/8 inches; Overall length: small frame with 2 ½ inch barrel 6 inches, medium frame with 2 ½ inch barrel 6 1/8 inches, large frame with 2½ inch barrel 6¾ inches.
    DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION;
    VALUE; 100%=$125 60%=$75

bill
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009