US Revolver Company 5 shot

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by SnellyUSA, May 7, 2010.

1. SnellyUSA

SnellyUSA New Member

Hi all,
    I have a US Revolver Company 5 shot, I think 38 short calibre revolver.
    The thing is I don't know what model or year it is?

It's stamped US Revolver Co, Made in USA and serial number 34320. The grips are simply stamped U.S. and it has a 5 1/2" barrel.

It's a double action unit where you load the bullets into the barrel without it swinging out.

It used to be nickel plated but the years have worn most of that away, see pictures.

Can anyone let me know what model it is, year, calibre and maybe it's value?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

3. SnellyUSA

SnellyUSA New Member

Thanks George,
    That's the one. Mines a bit battered about but I wanted to know all about it...

I'll Bill ;)
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

It's just an old Iver Johnson, it has nothing what ever to do with the military.:)
  5. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

there are two possible dates for this revolver. depending on if there is a letter code prefix with the serial number found under the grips on the left side of the grip frame. serial number 34320
    no letter= 1914
    letter code F= 1930

normally there revolver are best left as is. the cost of restoring can surpall what they are worth. this one does have an extra long barrel. the six inch barrel is not encountered very often. in fact this is the first i have seen.

U.S. REVOLVER CO. DOUBLE ACTION---------------------1911-1935
    This revolver was manufactured by Iver Johnson’s Arms & Cycle Works for sale through mail order catalogs. Like the top break version it was never listed in any Iver Johnson’s Arms & Cycle Works catalog. Features an unfluted cylinder and round barrel in all lengths, grip panels are hard rubber with U S at the top; oversize two piece hard rubber grips were also offered. Offered in three frame sizes and four calibers, the standard barrel length was 2 ½ inches on all frame sizes. Calibers: small frame .22 rimfire with 7 rounds cylinder capacity, medium frame .32 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity, large frame .32 centerfire with 6 rounds cylinder capacity, .38 centerfire with 5 rounds, cylinder capacity: Weight: small frame with 2 ½ inch barrel 10 ½ ounces, medium frame with 2 ½ inch barrel 12 ounces, large frame with 2 ½ inch barrel 17 ounces; Height: small frame 3 3/8 inches, medium frame 3 ½ inches, large frame 3 7/8 inches; Frame length: small frame 4 inches, medium frame 4 ¼ inches, large frame 4 7/8 inches; Overall length: small frame with 2 ½ inch barrel 6 inches, medium frame with 2 ½ inch barrel 6 1/8 inches, large frame with 2½ inch barrel 6¾ inches.
    DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION;
    VALUE; 100%=$125 60%=$75 i would add at least 10% for the six inch barrel

bill
  6. SnellyUSA

SnellyUSA New Member

Hi Bill,
    No letter prefix so it's 1914 vintage.

Thank you very much for the information :)
    Chris