US Revolver Company

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by grayumw, Apr 15, 2008.

1. wilddawg

wilddawg New Member

Thanks for the information.
  2. OBI

OBI New Member

:D I have a identical gun to which you show in this post. But I need a cylinder and cylinder pin to make it functional. Any ideas???
  3. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

These guns were made prior to 1880 and not many of them show up now adays. You can try Numrich/GPC - they don't list them, but they may have one stashed away somewhere.
    also try:
    www.jackfirstgun.com
    www.wisnersinc.com
    www.schludershots.com

If these dealers in obsolete gun parts don't have the parts you need, then perhaps you will need to monitor the online gun auction sites for a parts gun. Could take a while though.
  4. NicoleB

NicoleB New Member

My first post, so if I should start a new one let me know. Sound linke same topic maybe.
    I was given a revolver and have been trying to find out what exactly it is (caliber, year, etc.). I know it is a US Revolver, SN 22324, 7 shot, and I think top break means it opens to load the ammo, right? Its pretty rusty, and seems to be black to me. Wanted to find our whether it is worth cleaning or taking to a gun smith.
    Thanks for any info!
    Nicole

Attached Files:

5. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Where did you take S.N. from, trigger guard or under the grip? The number under the left side grip is the one we need. It may be the same but then it may also have a letter code included such as the letter C then the number.
    I think it's a .38 cal. but if you don't know measure accross the cylinder bore for us.

And welcome to The Firearms Forum Nicole!
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  6. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Nicole.

Fuzebox, if it's a 7-shot it's a .22, and Nicole, if the number on frame under left grip has no letter prefix it was made in 1911 but if it has prefix of letter A, made in 1919.

It can be cleaned some using 0000 steel wool and a little oil, but nothing any coarser should be used. And if mechanically correct, it should be OK to fire with standard velocity .22 ammo (no hi-speed stuff)

And in case you didn't know, these were made by Iver Johnson for sale by mailorder houses.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  7. NicoleB

NicoleB New Member

fuzebox and hrf,
    Only SN i found was under left grip. Bore measures about 5mm.
    Wow, hope I am only a little rusty when I am 91 :D
    Think I'll take it in and get it checked out before firing.
    Thanks for the info!
    Nicole
  8. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Ah, I didn't even consider that. I only looked at the trigger guard in reference to frame but the cylinder is rather obvious isn't it.
  9. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

If no letter A serial no. prefix, it's 101
  10. bobhelmick

bobhelmick New Member

My US Revolver- 5 round 32 has the following # A41467. any thing else that you can share with me is appreciate.
  11. bobhelmick

bobhelmick New Member

While I'm at it ,is it possible to get a rough idea about the value of 1873 Remington 44-40
    octagonal barrel repeater- well used even has 3 notches on the wooden butt stock! I don't know if they are # of killed -buffalo-elk-deer-indians-lawmen ??
  12. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

A 5-round .32 with that serial no. has to be a small frame hammer model made in 1922.
  13. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

?? - No such thing as a Remington Model 1873 repeating rifle; did you maybe mean a Winchester 1873?

At any rate, post a new query with a better description and photos, instead of adding to this "U. S. Revolver" thread.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  14. cazador223

cazador223 New Member

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  15. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum cazador.

Read the "sticky" at top of page:

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=90427

What caliber is it?

It apparently has a broken trigger spring.